Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window dressing savings for potential mortgage application..

Options
  • 14-08-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Im an in a permanent engineering job in a multinational company and my Girlfriend is a school teacher in a contract position.

We are currently saving together in a joint account but it is becoming more likely that I will have to apply for the mortgage under my own name (and income obv.) because she does not have a permanent job.

So: Are we better off saving our money seperately inorder to show to the banks our individual saving profiles? Or will the mortgage lender mind if they see us saving together?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Makes no difference. You'll be asked about your savings pattern so it will be highlighted then.

Advertisement