Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Script / Greystones Inn - Avoca?

Options
  • 14-08-2012 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else heard the "rumour" that Avoca are looking at opening up in the old Script pub / Greystones Inn?

This has nothing to do with the Delgany Inn Avoca Style place... totally seperate.

Would be great if they did.... :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jungledrums

cocker5 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else heard the "rumour" that Avoca are looking at opening up in the old Script pub / Greystones Inn?

This has nothing to do with the Delgany Inn Avoca Style place... totally seperate.

Would be great if they did.... :P

Rumours that's all they are

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

That would be great, and would do well. It would be great to see that place finally take-off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Delgany Inn will be Avoca not Avoca style.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Ok confused. Can someone clarify if Avoca is opening? The local cafes will not be impressed if it's walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sticky Fingers

AFAIK The Delgany Inn is going to be run by someone who used to run Farmers' Markets, the person also has an independent backer and has nothing to do with Avoca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

How do you know this?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Avoca is not going into the inn or script.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

How do you know? How does anyone know anything about who is opening where anyway?

Avoca is not going into...... script.

To be honest I'm not sure if script is a great location for them. The land on it is a bit limited and the council depot next door is really ugly and filthy

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Rasmus wrote: »
    How do you know? How does anyone know anything about who is opening where anyway?
    It's called being part of the community ;)

• Advertisement

Ah, a rumor then!

More like gossip and curtain twitching

How do you know this?

Please do not delete justified responses mod!

If it's going to go around in pointless circles of people claiming they know whats happening (even though the claims are completely opposite each other) and others asking how they know and no direct answers I will delete as I see fit

Terry Pratchet

Do I have to reveal my sources??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

If it's going to go around in pointless circles of people claiming they know whats happening (even though the claims are completely opposite each other) and others asking how they know and no direct answers I will delete as I see fit

Ah, the awesome Voice of the Mod!

I almost feel an affection for this type of thing now, like the voice of a long- forgotten flogger back at sec school.

Well the thing is, even if what you say is true, you really shouldn't make claims that you can't support. Just don't say anything at all if you can't prove it.

Well the thing is, even if what you say is true, you really shouldn't make claims that you can't support. Just don't say anything at all if you can't prove it.

If that was the case it would be very quiet on here.

If that was the case it would be very quiet on here.
    Not really - one could say that they think something is the case rather than stating it as fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Incorrect, my parents in law know the person (persons) who purchased the building, yes it will be avoca style, with a cafe and selling local crafts but NOT Avoca :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

cocker5 wrote: »
    Incorrect, my parents in law know the person (persons) who purchased the building, yes it will be avoca style, with a cafe and selling local crafts but NOT Avoca :P

I can also confirm Cocker's contribution. More to the point, not alone will it be Avoca-style, it will NOT have Avoca-style prices, but cheaper.

Who are the new owners? According to a close source and a bystander they overhead someone working on it saying it was Avoca.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Who are the new owners? According to a close source and a bystander they overhead someone working on it saying it was Avoca.

Thsi is a public forum so im not going to say who the new owners are, but honestly its NOT avoca ;)

so its a rumour then :) And you are right, everyone moans when its not factual and then Boards Mods moan when you name names.. can't win

I concur having talked to Deep Throat, it will not be a Avoca

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

This is done. We will find out soon enough. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement