Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten change of food

• 14-08-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hello just wanted to ask we got a fab longhaired kitten and he had very bad diarerrea poor thing so they put him on the percribtion diet food from hills which worked great thank god he's now great but now what food should I put him on dry or wet? And how do I get him on to it without disrupting his system again thank you very much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

A good balance of wet and dry would be good as cats get most of their moisture from food and the dry will help keep teeth clean. To switch food, add in a small amount of the new food to the old food. Keep doing this with each meal gradually adding more and more till its completely new food, might take a week or 2 to fully switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Thats great I just went out to buy the royal canine food for baby cats so hopefully this will be ok there very helpful in equi pet thanks very much for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

There is a big debate on which is better for cats: dry food or wet food. Some will say wet food is best as cats do not drink much water and get most of their water from wet food. Also there is more animal protein in wet food which cats need as compared to plant protein in dry food. However, I feed my cat dry Royal Canin nuts as her main food and supplement it with the Royal Canin wet pouches which she loves.

Advertisement