Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire - Shave ?

Options
  • 14-08-2012 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭

I'm staying in the Royal Marine in DL the night before my wedding, I'll want to get a shave in the morning if possible for myself and best man. Is there a good barbers in Dun Laoghaire or somewhere very close by?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

One service Dun Laoghaire isnt short of is barber shops!

I can recommend 2 ive used before, just for haircuts but Id say they will do a wet shave as well no problem. 1 is The Barber Shop in Dun Laoghaire Shopping Centre which is literally 1 mins walk from the Hotel, the other is Champs at the north end of the Main Street opposite Gilbert and Wrights pub

I know its a bit of a tradition for the groom to get a wet shave but i remember one friend of mine getting it done and getting a very severe rash from the collar of the dress shirt as the wet shave can strip all the natural oil and leave your neck very sensitive - not a good look on the day. I know Im straying into the beauty forum here but just something to think about. Give me the old Mach 3 any day!

Best of luck for the day anyway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah getting a proper wet shave will bring you out in spots OP, i'd go without for the wedding day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The Barber Shop in Dun Laoghaire Shopping Centre which is literally 1 mins walk from the Hotel

It's been almost 2 years since I've been there but I wouldn't recommend this place for a haircut. The owner dude gave me two bad haircuts (and I'm just a short back and sides) and I had to go elsewhere after that. The young eastern european guy that worked there was pretty good though. No idea about the shaves here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The Algerian guy at Bloomfields does a wet shave.

I can vouch for his haircutting skills, don't know about his shaves though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

The Algerian guy at Bloomfields does a wet shave.

I can vouch for his haircutting skills, u don't know about his shaves though.

+1
    Same as

• Advertisement
Advertisement