Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bought first Camper-Worried

• 14-08-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Have been looking to buy a camper for some years, my parents have had a motorhome since 1996 so I kinda grew up in one.

I bought a 1993 Karmann on a VW T4 chassis on Saturday, iv just dropped her over to a panel beaters to get some paint work tidied up, really am nervous now.

I hope to christ I’ll make time and get the use of it. Has any one else here got a VW T4 based camper. Anyone else get the fear after buying.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

We bought our campervan conversion about 6 weeks ago. We have been off in it nearly every weekend, had the best time there at westport house last weekend.

The fear will slowly go with each use, and you might find you are living each day for the next trip away in it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

It's just nervous anticipation
    You will be grand

Safe travels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I felt the same when I bought my first campervan just over 1 year ago, I felt like id just done something wrong and could barely even sleep that night thinking "omg did I just waste all my money on a lemon" but as you drive it and it and (hopefully) no problems arise you'll be grand ... best of luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

And don't be afraid to ask other motorhomers for assistance or ask questions if you have difficulties or concerns when at sites. Most of us remember being newbies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 digbychicken

Hey there tooyoungtodie, we have a 93 Karmann on a VW LT35 chassis, got it this time last year and love it to bits :-) we have been away every weekend for the past few months, we even took it over to England for a trawl around Somerset, Devon and Cornwall. Its a brilliant van. It is our first camper, and we started out one or two nights a time in it, baby steps as they say! Yours looks to be a lovely van, look forward to seeing you out and about with it!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Saw that karmann on donedeal, its a great van for the money did you haggle it down? Just passed the DOE so that should give you some peace of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

Hey there tooyoungtodie, we have a 93 Karmann on a VW LT35 chassis, got it this time last year and love it to bits :-) we have been away every weekend for the past few months, we even took it over to England for a trawl around Somerset, Devon and Cornwall. Its a brilliant van. It is our first camper, and we started out one or two nights a time in it, baby steps as they say! Yours looks to be a lovely van, look forward to seeing you out and about with it!!!!

great to hear yee have found your mojo! rock on
    terry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

Have been looking to buy a camper for some years, my parents have had a motorhome since 1996 so I kinda grew up in one.

I bought a 1993 Karmann on a VW T4 chassis on Saturday, iv just dropped her over to a panel beaters to get some paint work tidied up, really am nervous now.

I hope to christ I’ll make time and get the use of it. Has any one else here got a VW T4 based camper. Anyone else get the fear after buying.

It looks great, you wont regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 digbychicken

karmaan wrote: »
    great to hear yee have found your mojo! rock on
    terry

Yeah we keep looking out for ye!!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

hope you drive it better than you park it!!!

only joking,,,,enjoy:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TOOYOUNGTODIE

Thanks

I'm really getting in to it, I have her all cleaned up and I just serviced her.
    I have changed the front indicators to clear and i'm getting ready yo head to Birr for the weekend to the Irish Country & Game Fair. Any idea where to park in Birr.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MaryTuk

Hi guys, sorry to hijack your thread. Im looking to hire a VW this week and all the rental places are fully booked. Do you mind if I ask anyone on here (you seem like a little community of people) if they know someone who might hire us one for a few days? Dublin/Meath based but hoping to head over to Galway for afew days.

Sorry to butt in there, been working my ass off and badly need a few days off, really had my heart set on a VW campervan trip.

info@sansstudio.ie

Advertisement