Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my addiction ?

Options
  • 14-08-2012 11:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

So i havnt given up the smokes yet (i know im not ready so no point yet) but i do plan on it very soon

just need a little advice

im 22 years old (i know im young) been smoking since i was 13, ma and da didnt find out til i was 16 at that point couldnt do much but try and guilt trip me outta it, but i didnt care

anyway i now want to give them up, but been honest i never regretted going on the smokes, i enjoy them, i dont mind the smell at all, and personaly im not afriad of dying young

but since im deciding to give them up ( i want to start the gym up again proper and smokes are holding me back ) i have a problem

everyone in my family smokes, even my girlfriend and all her family
    i live at home , the place is like a cloud, just filled with smoke every day, same as my girlfriends place, you can smell smoke off our houses from 100metres down the road

i just know if i try give them up , with all the smoking going on around my life i will get back on them, i breath more smoke then i do oxygen
    i have no idea how to get around this, even my mates smoke
    i cant exactly not go out because if im in theirs still smoke every were

i know its up to myself to not want one, but its extreamely difficult considering il have to smell it every time i breath in

also even though il be giving up the smokes , isnt second hand smoke just as bad? want will be the point of me giving them up if the second hand will just cause as much damage as me smoking anyway?

anyone else have this experience and get out of it? would be a big help?

also can anyone tell me any after effects to givin up smoking
    i tryed for a whole week last year and ended up coughing up black tar stuff, was horrible lookin, but i think il be ready this year to quite for good
    just need advice

Advertisement