Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is easier

• 14-08-2012 12:15pm
    Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi what is easier for the leaving cert
    Accounting or Economy
    Chemistry or Physics

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Hi what is easier for the leaving cert
    Accounting or Economy
    Chemistry or Physics

It's Economics, and it's easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Rokeefe

I would say that chemistry is a lot easier than physics. They ask the same questions over and over and it's really predictable. Whereas the questions in physics are a lot more original and it is difficult enough to predict. The one thing about chemistry is that people don't really like it to begin with but it all comes together in the end and the test itself is pretty easy

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭II 2FAST2C II

Alright thanks guys much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I found physics easier than chemistry but I think I did better in the chemistry exam in the end. I probably put more work into chem though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Economics is said to be easy though I didn't do it.
    Physics which I did was handy enough, while most students hate Chemistry.

That said, you will find whatever interests you more to be easier.
    I found Physics easy enough because I loved the subject.

• Advertisement

Alright i see but like in study wise and more straight forward wise what is easier because i am not einstein in maths i get B and C never A

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Looking for 'easy' subjects is not the way to be successful in anything.

Pick subjects you have an interest in and ignore study and revision guides, they are not the syllabus, which is where the questions will come from.

Honestly, get your Junior Cert. out of the way first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Alright i see but like in study wise and more straight forward wise what is easier because i am not einstein in maths i get B and C never A

Difficult to say.
    Very little of the accounting and economics courses actually appear on the exam, so the courses are very compact if you want them to be.
    However, the less you study, the greater the chance something unexpected comes up. That happened to me and I wouldn't recommend doing it.

Both Physics and Chemistry contain mathematical elements so you'll have to suffer through it.
    Same goes for Accounting and Economics.

Yh i see....
    Well i might aswel worry about my jc first but i still do ned help if anyone can go to my junior cert problems and help me please

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ajireland95

Economics was really easy for me, chemistry was a nightmare and physics was ok. but its all down to you personally

• Advertisement

Ok guys thanks for you help i do not need more answers for this i am more worried for my jc so if you can go to that forum and help me out there would be giving alot of headace of my head lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Accounting could be seen as easier because its so predictable and once you learn the layout of the questions you're assured of a good grade.

Economics could also be said to be easy.You only have to do 4 out of 8 long questions so you have loads of choice to only do stuff you liked and most of it is common sense.

Having done both I think Economics was easier but then again most of my Accounting teaching consisted of me spending hours in my room trying to work it out because my teacher was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I'm not going to say physics is easier than chemistry, since I didn't do chemistry(something which I regret). However I did find physics to be intuitive, and the maths was a lot easier than expected(if you did Higher Level maths for the JC, you won't have many problems).

Advertisement