Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircoms Customer Service (or lack of)

Options
  • 14-08-2012 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Having eventually decided to go with one of Eircoms phone and broadband packages I went to their website on the 10th July and ordered online. The next day I received the order confirmation informing me the engineer would be calling out to connect the line between 9.30 and 12.30 on the 24th of July.

I arranged the day off work so I would be there for the engineer however by 1.30pm that day I had heard nothing from the Engineer. I rang Eircom Customer Service to make sure he would be still calling out. I was told that they could not get hold of him on the phone but had left a message asking him to contact me. I had no problems at this point as I know, from experience, that engineers can be delayed and cannot be held to exact times. However by 4.00pm, having things to do, I left the house but was no more then 5 minutes away and could go straight home if the engineer rang me. I arrived home at 4.45pm and never heard anything from the engineer or Eircom.

At this point I had become extremely annoyed and irritated so the next day I contacted Customer Service asking for an explanation as to what happened. The man on the phone told me he would contact the engineering department and get back to me as soon as possible. I received a voice mail sometime later to inform me that my only option was to re-book a new date for the 9th OF AUGUST???? No reason was given for the non appearance the day before!! How could I be confident that the engineer would bother to call out on the new date??

This level of customer service combined with my complete and utter annoyance led me to cancel the order. A few days later I sent a customer complaint mail through the Eircom website and was told, by an automated e-mail, that it would be dealt with within ten working days....low and behold I still have heard nothing from eircom!!

Can someone from Eircom comment on this, with maybe an explanation? My order number was 3231399P

Thanks

Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

razor77 wrote: »
    Having eventually decided to go with one of Eircoms phone and broadband packages I went to their website on the 10th July and ordered online. The next day I received the order confirmation informing me the engineer would be calling out to connect the line between 9.30 and 12.30 on the 24th of July.

I arranged the day off work so I would be there for the engineer however by 1.30pm that day I had heard nothing from the Engineer. I rang Eircom Customer Service to make sure he would be still calling out. I was told that they could not get hold of him on the phone but had left a message asking him to contact me. I had no problems at this point as I know, from experience, that engineers can be delayed and cannot be held to exact times. However by 4.00pm, having things to do, I left the house but was no more then 5 minutes away and could go straight home if the engineer rang me. I arrived home at 4.45pm and never heard anything from the engineer or Eircom.

At this point I had become extremely annoyed and irritated so the next day I contacted Customer Service asking for an explanation as to what happened. The man on the phone told me he would contact the engineering department and get back to me as soon as possible. I received a voice mail sometime later to inform me that my only option was to re-book a new date for the 9th OF AUGUST???? No reason was given for the non appearance the day before!! How could I be confident that the engineer would bother to call out on the new date??

This level of customer service combined with my complete and utter annoyance led me to cancel the order. A few days later I sent a customer complaint mail through the Eircom website and was told, by an automated e-mail, that it would be dealt with within ten working days....low and behold I still have heard nothing from eircom!!

Can someone from Eircom comment on this, with maybe an explanation? My order number was 3231399P

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the hassle you've had with the order. I have checked it up using the order number you gave. The situation at the moment is that the original order was cancelled and the notes left state "Did not meet customers needs". This could possibly be due to an issue on our end though. I can't see any obvious reason for the cancellation of the order (unless requested by yourself). I have all the details I need to place another order for you so if you would like me to do that leave a note here.

Although there is no actual line installed in that property, I tested a few neighbouring addresses to ensure broadband is available there. The exchange is NGB enabled and the max speed on that street seems to be around 5mb. I can place the order manually if you want to go ahead and will also try get it expedited for you to minimise delays. Again, sincere apologies for the hassle you've had up to now but if you give the nod I'll set the order up again and follow through on it for you.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 8 razor77

James, thanks for the prompt response. As stated in the last paragraph it was me that cancelled the order but as I said this was due to there being no explanation for the no show and the fact I had become extremely frustrated with the whole process.

There is no phone line and the initial call out was to reconnect the line, it had been disconnected some years back (2 or 3 maybe)

I am still interested in the package offered James but I need to be sure that if I have to take anymore time off work that the engineer will actually turn up. I'm sure you can appreciate how frustrating this is...I am down one days leave already!!

Can you place the order manually and make sure you sit on it and see it through? I am out of the country from tomorrow but back Sunday.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks again,

Kev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

razor77 wrote: »
    James, thanks for the prompt response. As stated in the last paragraph it was me that cancelled the order but as I said this was due to there being no explanation for the no show and the fact I had become extremely frustrated with the whole process.

There is no phone line and the initial call out was to reconnect the line, it had been disconnected some years back (2 or 3 maybe)

I am still interested in the package offered James but I need to be sure that if I have to take anymore time off work that the engineer will actually turn up. I'm sure you can appreciate how frustrating this is...I am down one days leave already!!

Can you place the order manually and make sure you sit on it and see it through? I am out of the country from tomorrow but back Sunday.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks again,

Kev

Hi Kev,

I misread the last post re: cancelling the order, apologies. I am in the process of setting a new order up for you now. I need to confirm a few things though as since the original order went up online I'm not sure what info you were given. The installation time for a 'full install' is 10 working days for the line and then 5 working days for the broadband after that. These are the max timeframes but as I said, I'll push for as early as possible due to the delays you've had. The contract is 12 months from the day the service is active. There is an option to pay by direct debit with no deposit or pay manually with a deposit of €150. This will be returned after 6 months of good payments.

The package ordered was "eircom Talk Off-Peak & eircom Next Generation Broadband Regular bundle". I have your email address and mobile number from the original order form also. If you could confirm whether you'd prefer direct debit or a deposit I will place the new order and PM you the details (PM me the account number and sort code if you're taking the DD option). I'll be around until 6pm this evening so let me know before that and I'll get it sorted.

Cheers

James

• Registered Users Posts: 8 razor77

James, I have been away for the last few days and am only getting to read your last message this morning. I wasn't aware of the deposit for the manual payments so I will opt for the direct debit. I will PM you the details this morning so can you please go ahead with the order. Also can you please confirm the monthly cost and that the intallations are still free of charge as per original order.

Thanks.

Kev

Advertisement