Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campers beware - possible severe storm Wednesday

Options
  • 14-08-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Don't know how many of you keep an eye on what the weather is doing but looks like there could be a potentially dangerous storm developing overnight into tomorrow. For anyone out camping in an exposed area, or who may have parked their vehicle where it could be damaged by flying objects, it might be wise to take some precautions. Planning to put the caravan indoors this evening - summer storms with trees weighed down with leaves etc often can do more damage than their winter equivalents.

Met Eireann have issued a weather warning and a gale warning http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp while there's an ongoing discussion on it here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056724475. Hopefully won't develop into too much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Many thanks, very helpful.

Makes me wanna fill all the tanks and go to the bar of bull island. Those bay winds are great craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

We're planning to go to Tralee with the caravan tomorrow so hopefully it blows through quickly and doesn't leave the ground too wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 baz.snn

I'm currently in my caravan on the campsite in Blarney.The rain that has fallen in the last couple of days is unreal. There was streams of it flowing down the roads here on the site. I have a brand new awning on the caravan too but it has stood up very ell to the battering its got so far. I was a bit nervous when we were out in Cobh today as it was really windy there, I was hoping nothing would happen it.
    We are heading home tomorrow so we have the unpleasant job of taking the bloody thing down, so hopefully it's calmed down a bit.

Advertisement