Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business JC

Options
  • 14-08-2012 1:32pm
    Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi How is everyone doing ? :)
    I was wondering what are you supposed to study for the Junior cert in Business
    Because in my revise wise there is 32 Chapters and lol i do not think i can study all so i was wondering what are the topics main chapter i should be studying that will come up in the junior ert

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Anything on the syllabus can come up in the JC, not whatever is or is not in any textbook or revision guide.

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭II 2FAST2C II

What is on the syllabus ??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

http://www.education.ie/en/Schools-Colleges/Information/Curriculum-and-Syllabus/Junior-Cycle-/Syllabuses-Guidelines/
    That's a link to the syllabi.
    They appear to have re-organised their site, so you may meet broken links.

A bit of a a big read but thank you :)

Dude if you think i am lazy i would like to invite you to my life and show you how active and busy it is and if you want i can eitger tell you but thats if you want let me know if you want to know how busy i am and how much stuff i do the only reason i said that was because in 10 minutes.i was going to my friends house and did nit have time to read all

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Hi How is everyone doing ? :)
    I was wondering what are you supposed to study for the Junior cert in Business
    Because in my revise wise there is 32 Chapters and lol i do not think i can study all so i was wondering what are the topics main chapter i should be studying that will come up in the junior ert
    I dont know why i still visit the JC forum after I finished it but anyway......
    Just a few tips:
    1. Most revise wise, especially the business one, are useless. If you have a big text book you can do more things in detail which prepares you better so dont rely on it. If you are a casual studier and dont really care about Business, like myself, I would recommend the revise wise. I didnt use it for business because after the mocks i didnt bother with business but you can at least get a high C with it.
    2. In both paper one (sect. B) and paper two there are 2 questions that come up every single year in both papers. In paper 1 sect b, the household budget and club accounts come up every year and they are fairly handy. If you look at your exam papers you can see that certain material never comes up and trends and stuff like that. On paper 2, the books of first entry (dont do) and the final accounts come up. If you learn the final accounts you can get a simple 40 marks, luckily mine balanced this year for the first time ever.
    3. For paper 1 sect a, they are only short questions so if you learn definitions, abbreviations and do every exam paper sect a question you can easily get 60 out of 80 marks.

Business is pretty predictable and requires work. I realised that i dont need it after leaving so after the mocks i gave up on it and I am pretty confident that I will get a b this year but honestly I dont care about my result. If you work u can easily get an A if not a B

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Dude if you think i am lazy i would like to invite you to my life and show you how active and busy it is and if you want i can eitger tell you but thats if you want let me know if you want to know how busy i am and how much stuff i do the only reason i said that was because in 10 minutes.i was going to my friends house and did nit have time to read all

Sorry but if you want to do well then you need to MAKE TIME for study. You wont get good results by taking short cuts. Cut your busy life for a year and focus on your exams if you really do want to acheive

Part of my busy life was studying its just that compating to all othet subjects par english business is twice the amount if pgs to revise

Leinsterr wrote: »
    I dont know why i still visit the JC forum after I finished it but anyway......
    Just a few tips:
    1. Most revise wise, especially the business one, are useless. If you have a big text book you can do more things in detail which prepares you better so dont rely on it. If you are a casual studier and dont really care about Business, like myself, I would recommend the revise wise. I didnt use it for business because after the mocks i didnt bother with business but you can at least get a high C with it.
    2. In both paper one (sect. B) and paper two there are 2 questions that come up every single year in both papers. In paper 1 sect b, the household budget and club accounts come up every year and they are fairly handy. If you look at your exam papers you can see that certain material never comes up and trends and stuff like that. On paper 2, the books of first entry (dont do) and the final accounts come up. If you learn the final accounts you can get a simple 40 marks, luckily mine balanced this year for the first time ever.
    3. For paper 1 sect a, they are only short questions so if you learn definitions, abbreviations and do every exam paper sect a question you can easily get 60 out of 80 marks.

Business is pretty predictable and requires work. I realised that i dont need it after leaving so after the mocks i gave up on it and I am pretty confident that I will get a b this year but honestly I dont care about my result. If you work u can easily get an A if not a B

Hi thanks for the advisr but housrhold accounts shall i.bother with them or not

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Hi thanks for the advisr but housrhold accounts shall i.bother with them or not

Im going to be honest and say STUDY EVERYTHING. You have a whole year to do it, start now. I personally didnt study properly for Business so Im not looking forward to the results, dont let you be me this time next year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

I had a whip crack in' substitute for 4 months or so, she taught us the entire business course again basically. We had about 3 long questions a night and often did them twice. You need to practise questions constantly, even if you're not good at them. I personally dropped ratios and assessing the business because I just wasn't told their relevance and to just learn them off.

Your teacher will tell you which questions are definite's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jsmscork

The JC Business course is very long. It has two papers but it is very rare for students to have more than 3 (maybe 4) classes per week. When the time comes, you can make choices regarding what to study and what to leave out but decisions like that shouldn't be made now. You need to try to keep up with everything until at least Christmas if not later so that you have options in the exam.

It's a tough course but it's very doable. Enjoy! ;)

Advertisement