Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvest Festival

Options
  • 14-08-2012 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

just got this by e mail http://www.waterfordharvestfestival.ie
    looks like loads happening for Waterford. celebrity chefs, cooking classes, beer making classes, beer festival tent, Viking banquet, food market on the whole quay on the Sunday, celebrity cook off, whiskey tasting, GIY gathering, blaa making class, slow food tour, city farm for the kids, and a curry war between the restaurants.
    Well done to City Council and all those involved. we've got Spraoi, Harvest, now Winterval Christmas festival..... just 9 more and we're at Galways stage!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I like the Harvest festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Wow! That's a pretty full programme of events!
    Fair play to everyone involved, it looks amazing. (on paper anyways!:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Wow they look to have put together a really impressive programme of events. I'm definitely on for the Beer Tasting on the Tuesday and Beer Festival or whatever they're calling it on the Friday.

Did I miss the beer making class the OP mentioned?

Looking forward to sampling a few different curries if the restaurants do a decent deal. Might make a right week of it and take in a few events.

Great to see such good work being done here.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

It's a shame that there is no "big gig" type event like last years SawDocs/Stunning/O Emperor gig @ Bolton street.

Hopefully the sun will shine for the big event on the 15th on The Quay.

comeraghs wrote: »
    It's a shame that there is no "big gig" type event like last years SawDocs/Stunning/O Emperor gig @ Bolton street.

Hopefully the sun will shine for the big event on the 15th on The Quay.
    They lost a lot of money from that event last year, as there was much less of a crowd than expected.
    On a plus side, they seem to have used the money on more events for this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I think it's a great family day out. Nice, relaxed, stroll around etc.

My father takes part in the threshing bit on the quay and they bring a good few locals (from Wexford) down this way as well. I know that they really enjoy it.

The atmosphere is always "gentle" I suppose. Makes for a nice time. Really well suited to young kids too.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Sounds great, can't wait! :)

I have rhyming skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Its a great addition to the city but by god doesnt it cause some traffic problems going across the bridge i remember getting stuck in traffic for half an hour i was coming from ferrybank and it was a nightmare.......the food smelt lovely tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭mm_surf

The Harvest Festival are looking for Volunteers to help out at it.

Public meeting tonight in the Tower Hotel @ 7:15pm in the Dunmore room

or email wcityv@gmail.com for more info

M.

• Advertisement

This is our GOOD NEWS story for September! Spread the word folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I finally got to look at the list of events. It's very impressive and so much to choose from.

It certainly does DeiseMum.

Just to give a heads up that the Tappini night in Bodega on the Thursday is sold out.
    Might save other people from ringing up/calling in and being disappointed. Now you can be disappointed immediately! :p

Seán Moncrieff is broadcasting his 'Movies and Booze' show from Dooley's Hotel next Friday. I attended the one he did from The Tower last year for The Tall Ships and it was great.

For those of you not familiar with him or the show, Moncrieff is a presenter on Newstalk. He covers quirky topics and is very good at what he does. The 'Movies and Booze' show is one he does every Friday. He gets in a wine or beer reviewer and a movie reviewer and they review movies and booze! Pretty simple. As an audience member, you get a glass of whatever they're reviewing. We also got a goody bag with a few bits and pieces.

I think if you want to attend, you just text Harvest followed by your email address to 53106 and you'll be contacted by email if you get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Anyone know what's on the menu for the Viking feast ? Their website is down at the moment so can't get any info

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

That artisan beer thing friday sounds great, moncrieff would be great laugh too. I was in red-sq yesterday for a cookery demo, was good. I will defintely be in the weekend for more, if not before that too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Went to Espresso last night and the two kids got to make pizze base with the dough... twas very good. 2 year old then ate pizza for first time ever; inspired.

Worth a gawk.

Information on Road Closures and Parking for Sunday 16th September Harvest Festival
    Road Closure and Parking Information for Feastival on Sun Sept 16th:
    The car parks and the surrounding roads will be subject to certain closures on the day and the days leading into the event and diversions will be in place.
    All South Quays car parks will be closed on Saturday 15th from 7pm until 7am Monday 17th. Any Car remaining in car parks after 9pm on Saturday 15th will be removed to Bolton St. Carpark.
    There will be no parking on the roadside along the South Quays from 11pm Saturday 15th to 10pm on Sunday 16th. Any Car remaining in after 11pm on Saturday 15th will be removed to Bolton St. Carpark.
    There will be on street parking throughout the city on Sunday 16th Sept.
    We hope that this will not cause too much inconvenience and appreciate your co-operation for what we believe will be an wonderful event for the city.

• Advertisement

Hope the weather holds over the weekend!

I was in at the Big BBQ and the queues were ridiculous. Cooking stations were overwhelmed. The fact they didn't start cooking til after 6 may have been a factor.

In at the Artisan Beerfest at the moment, and it's great. Great layout. Great selection of beers and food. Fair play to everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Yeah I hope the BBQ wasn't a sign of things to come over the weekend. An hours queue for a burger. Definitely should have started cooking earlier, esp when it was meant to start at 5.30. Should have been cooking from 5 to be ready, bbqs were tiny too for the numbers around.

It had great potential and there was a great atmosphere til people started to get frustrated with the queues.

sillysocks wrote: »
    Yeah I hope the BBQ wasn't a sign of things to come over the weekend. An hours queue for a burger. Definitely should have started cooking earlier, esp when it was meant to start at 5.30. Should have been cooking from 5 to be ready, bbqs were tiny too for the numbers around.

It had great potential and there was a great atmosphere til people started to get frustrated with the queues.
    I agree. I forfeited my 7 quid ticket, bought an ice cone and headed to the Beerfest instead. There's food here and a great atmosphere, although I do notice the queues are starting to get bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Yeah I actually didn't bother waiting either but my sister did and said it was an hours queuing.
    Had a couple of kids with us so Beerfest was out!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

A 2hr queue for a pink 7 quid burger is how I would describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Got me a burger and sausage, bit of a que, ended up at a station down in baileys new street cue wasn't so bad, good burger very tasty.
    Beer Fest was great some really nice beers at it, I hope the weather holds out for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Was at the beerfest.
    All I wanted was a burger. I couldnt find one :(

Fine selection of good beer though...........I maybe be drunk

Was at the beerfest.
    All I wanted was a burger. I couldnt find one :(

Fine selection of good beer though...........I maybe be drunk

I'd say you maybe be alright!!! Haha.

Was at the beerfest myself. Really enjoyed it. Loads of seats. Great selection if beer and food. Only complaint would be that the second band were very poor. Lebowski should have been on while the most people were there but they may have had a gig elsewhere or something.

€5 a pint wasn't bad. Bit miffed when the Strong Gale Ale or whatever it was called was gone on draught and yet was still €5 for a 330ml bottle.

Still really enjoyed the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Did you find burgers??

Advertisement