Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's all about the food...

Options
  • 14-08-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Hey,

As a big foodie, there's only one thing to do, go on a foodie trip. Sicily is the chosen location and I'll be based in Ragusa and Siracusa.

I'm heading over at the start of October, staying a week and will have my own transport

I'm trying to gather info on anything food (and drink) related, maybe a local wine, a certain food that will be in season or a deadly restaurant

I'm game for everything, from peasant food to Michelin star. It's going to be similar to the movie Sideways, but with food. Not a great comparison as I'll be boozing also

So if you have any suggestions or comments I'd love to hear them. Need to start planning my 25+ meals, nom nom nom :D

Nice one...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

I've done this a few times in other locations (Lyon, San Sebastian, NY) and my only advice is to pace yourself! I reached one stage in NY where I was wading through a multi-course taster menu at a starred restaurant and munching Rennie between every course. Apart from being a huge waste of money, it's just not a pleasant experience.

I don't know the area at all so I can't give any specific advice. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I agree. Go to the local market if you get a chance, buy local food & try cooking something yourself. It'll hopefully give you the opportunity to indulge in your skills with quality produce.

Advertisement