Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laois CoCo

Options
  • 14-08-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

does anyone actually work in that place? i tried their direct number to report illegal dumping and the number is out of service, then i tried ringing their reception a few times and it's ringing out - and this is not during lunch hours.

the sooner a load of those council workers are sacked, the better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

Members of the public can report pollution or illegal dumping via this 24 hour lo-call telephone number 1850 365 121. its the EPA Hotline for illegal dumping.

As for Laois not answering the phone. If you cut staff Numbers and add in holidays for this time of the years, its not a surprise. you can't have a service if you don't have the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

I agree with most of your points, but there should always be someone at reception to answer calls. Perhaps the high sick leave in the public sector is also an issue. Anyway, i was able to report the offence now as i notice they have put the wrong bloody number on one section of their website (1800 3232 20) and the right number on another section (1800 3232 30).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Newsroom

Members of the public can report pollution or illegal dumping via this 24 hour lo-call telephone number 1850 365 121. its the EPA Hotline for illegal dumping.

As for Laois not answering the phone. If you cut staff Numbers and add in holidays for this time of the years, its not a surprise. you can't have a service if you don't have the staff.

It is my opinion that you can't have a service if you have to pay the staff!
    Still far to much middle management and three or even four people doing the work of one..

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i work in a job where i have to contact the council on an average of at least once a day.... and i serious cannot remember the last time the reception number rang out. there are normally two ladies working at reception with one dedicated to dealing with the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

does anyone actually work in that place? i tried their direct number to report illegal dumping and the number is out of service, then i tried ringing their reception a few times and it's ringing out - and this is not during lunch hours.

the sooner a load of those council workers are sacked, the better.

I can see the bad karma coming your way from miles off.

Any time i've rang the main number was answered no problem. Sports, vechile tax, planning over the years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement