Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Deise" - Our own currency

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

ziedth wrote: »
    Maybe we are looking at this wrong. What about a "DeiseCard" much like the Visa Credit cards that O2 and Bank of Ireland are using. You top it up at various points and get a % Discount at participating stores. I'd assume if work loaded money onto it for you as a bonus that they would still benefit from the tax deduction and you would still spend it locally. Exact same principle that ATBB is talking about just without the fear of counterfeiting.

I like the card idea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Yeah, I'm liking the generation of ideas in the Waterford City forum in general. Better than the threads that descend into rows anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

michellie wrote: »
    I like the card idea :)
    Only problem with these is that an entire new payment system would have to be developed and integrated at massive cost. What most places do with this kind of idea is provide pre-loaded Mastercards or VISA cards, that are branded for that particular place (and almost giving impression that it can't be used elsewhere) e.g. Dundrum Shopping Card. Discounts could be applied manually by staff if a cardholder mentions that they are paying using their "Waterford Shopping Card" before the transaction is complete.

Advertisement