Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Remember Me" - new game from Capcom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Looks good, setting very like Deus Ex: HR so i'm exited!

More info is being released:

"The game is described as a "Sci-fi thriller" and a "sleek action/adventure" title, set in Neo Paris in 2084 and the main characters name is Nilin, "a memory hunter on the run"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Got a cool Oni vibe from the first trailer but the second is completely different. Definitely something to keep an eye on at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

okay. as long as they will stay away from capcom management, they will be grand! this looks really damn good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Like the memory remixing, kinda like a 3D Ghost Trick. Hope the become a bit more complex, but this is a demo of early in the game. Would be cool if you have to jump from one memory to the other looking for the right object to manipulate.

Anticipate the "OMG its a ripoff of Watch Dogs" comments in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

when I read the title I instantly thought of this

remember_me.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Damn, beaten to it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Not sure about it - got the Deus Ex bit - also saw some Crysis there and the voice was just too Lara for me to really get excited - especially with her exclamations at the end of the clip - but too painful right now - but will reserve judgement until I get to see more or play a demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Looks very interesting, like bits of Assasin's Creed meets Inception meets watch dogs in a Dues Ex setting! I'll be keeping an eye on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

It strangely reminds me of Omicron The Nomad soul. Which isn't a bad thing. I quite liked it.

The fight sequences look like they might be similar to Batman Arkham Series, also a good thing as that was very polished.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ono, the guy behind the street fighter 4 series, is designing the combat apparently.

Could be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mad the mix of games that people are seeing in this!
    For me, it looks a bit like that leaked Beyond Good & Evil 2 footage, crossed with combat from PN03 and Batman Arkham Asylum/City, with a Deus Ex / Total Recall vibe...

Appears to be the box art:

Remember_Me_%28Capcom_game_-_cover_art%29.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nice... denims.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

chYmzRR.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'd basically never heard of this, looks interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Really. How f**king stupid is this industry to only bet on those stereotypes?

- Jean-Maxime Moris, Creative Director

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

I'm all over this lads. Could be really good and could be one of the first games I buy at launch in a good while. Hopefully it's not overshadowed by the release of The Last of Us a week later.

Some info on the PS blog today

Links a journal where you can find out more about the history of the world and this trailer about how the memory works looks good. Game kind of reminds me of AC and the fifth element.

Only thing is the cover art. Why the ass shot? Just degrades what could be a well thought out and intelligent game and world. Tomb Raider is even moving away from that stuff. Anyway, thought this was good:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

That's a really awesome looking combat system they have, most interesting looking capcom release in a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

sin0city wrote: »
    Only thing is the cover art. Why the ass shot? Just degrades what could be a well thought out and intelligent game and world. Tomb Raider is even moving away from that stuff. Anyway, thought this was good

because hawt asses sell boxes, at least they do according to the archaic beliefs of the big publishing houses.

I'm looking forward to it too, dat ass :D

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

sin0city wrote:
    Only thing is the cover art. Why the ass shot? Just degrades what could be a well thought out and intelligent game and world. Tomb Raider is even moving away from that stuff. Anyway, thought this was good

If she was turned the other way would the complaints not be about the boob shot?

Also if we turn her 90 degrees, we get a boob and ass shot...so we can't do that either.

So just a close up of her face then I guess :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

It's an interesting idea and an original setting so hopefully they pull the execution off well. I actually only heard about it because Amazon told me I should pre-order it (I didn't though, it might still flop). Was this at E3 last year?

C14N wrote: »
    It's an interesting idea and an original setting so hopefully they pull the execution off well. I actually only heard about it because Amazon told me I should pre-order it (I didn't though, it might still flop). Was this at E3 last year?

It wasn't but it was first revealed august 2012 I do believe. Guess they werent ready to show at e3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm certainly interested after those trailers. I like a good conspiracy, and if the memory-editing thing is more than just a simple minigame there could be a lot to like about this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It wasn't but it was first revealed august 2012 I do believe

First revealed in August 2011, as Adrift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Just finished the journal. Thought it was excellent.

Already feel invested in the game. Immersion is a big thing for me and that really helps. Don't remember any other game having as good a kind of prologue to draw you in. The story is very well told too which bodes well for the game.

I just really hope the story and gameplay live up to the potential that's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Really tough dudes, almost look like they have Daisy's sticking out tha back of their heads..

It has a very Neo-AssCreed feel to it, looks amazing so far,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

sin0city wrote: »
    Links a journal where you can find out more about the history of the world and this trailer about how the memory works looks good. Game kind of reminds me of AC and the fifth element.

Thanks for the link to the journal, very impressive how much work went into it. Put my browser into full screen mode and went through as far as the Surprise. Has been very interesting read thus far. Will finish the rest later. A nice touch was fact you control everything using the mouse/mouse wheel. Also liking the choice of music which I hope is featured in the game.

Advertisement