Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Remember Me" - new game from Capcom

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Just finished it and I enjoyed it overall. 7.5 for me.

I think the concept is brilliant; the digitisation of memories, the ability to upload and download them and to completely wipe someone’s memories or completely change who they are.

The journal really adds to the experience, seeing how Antoine Carter-Well’s dreams of changing the world in a positive way has degenerated into a kind of 1984 squared where people spend a lot of their time living second hand lives. Even at the start, the ads for the Sensen are so well done and believable.

I think the soundtrack is excellent too. Again, if you’ve read the journal some of it is familiar. Presentation was nice too and I only encountered one bug throughout, where a boss fight failed to finish. I found the environments looked crisp and reminded me of Mass Effect a little but I’d largely agree with Johnny_Ultimate that they ended up feeling somewhat sterile and bland. It’s linear too and as Johnny said, given the world they’d created there seemed to be a lot of wasted potential.

I enjoyed the gameplay. The combo system works really well and you can tailor it to the way you play or the enemies you’re facing. Difficulty seems spot on to me too. I did think there was too much emphasis on dodging though.

I did like the enemy types and variation too. New enemy types are introduced at a steady rate and require different tactics of combos and pressens to beat them. There’s a nice enemy guide in the journal too and I thought the mnemist entries added to the world.

And I like the variation too, there are light puzzles and some climbing sections. Granted they’re not difficult with the sensen prompts but they show off the environments and the climbing animations are nice.

Then there are the memory remixes. I really enjoyed them. Once you get the hang of the mechanics they are really very good.

So yeah, I enjoyed it and I thought the story was decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Grandstand Adman TV Game 2000 (Pong)
    Spectrum 48k
    Spectrum 128k
    BBC Micro 32k
    Amiga 500
    Amiga 1200
    PS1
    PS2
    PS3
    Wii

I'm more of a PC gamer so no immediate plans to get this gen anytime soon
    Just realised I have been playing home gaming for the past 35 years :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Skerries wrote: »
    Grandstand Adman TV Game 2000 (Pong)
    Spectrum 48k
    Spectrum 128k
    BBC Micro 32k
    Amiga 500
    Amiga 1200
    PS1
    PS2
    PS3
    Wii

I'm more of a PC gamer so no immediate plans to get this gen anytime soon
    Just realised I have been playing home gaming for the past 35 years :eek:
    If only you realised you were in the wrong thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

If only you realised you were in the wrong thread :pac:

D'oh! thats what you get for having 2 boards windows open at the same time :o :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just played through the first half an hour or so of this. I think it makes a very strong first impression. The art style is great and I am especially like the score. The adjustable combo system is something new to me too. As I said only played it for a very short time but it has been good so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Just noticed this thread in the board as it was bumped, read through the half of it thinking "feck, this looks good whens it coming out". Read through Antoines journal - pretty hyped at thsi point -then read the rest of the thread... to see that it's an average game at best.

On the plus side, it's been released nearly a year and I can pick it up pretty cheaply now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I picked this up after Christmas on sale when Gamestop were doing their 3 for €20 thing along with a few others. I always meant to give it a go but got sorta backlogged. I'll still get to it sooner or later!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I still haven't played this dispite having it for the last 6 months :pac:
    Got it for 14.99 in Argos. Must finally play it with all these postive reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's a game I want to play and got it through PS Plus so now just have to get around to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I played through it a few months back. It's decent, not brilliant or anything but worth a playthrough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Bought and played this a couple of months ago and just didn't like it all. I hated the combat system though i at least admire the attempt to make it interesting with the pressenthing.

The memory remixing thing was good and it was a shame they didn't utilize it more.

Probably the first game since FF13 where i just had no desire to play on and complete it. (Though i think i was pretty close to the end anyway)
    Given i was sick of the combat, those guards that injure you every time you hit them and had to be disabled with a special attack were the straw that broke the camels back. Whoever had the idea to put them in was an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

What are people thought on this/ Picked it up recently in some sale or other. Like the idea and the backdrop for the game but its a but all over the shop. Nice graphics though but its just a strange game. Is it just me or is the mouse countrols all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Glebee wrote: »
    What are people thought on this/ Picked it up recently in some sale or other. Like the idea and the backdrop for the game but its a but all over the shop. Nice graphics though but its just a strange game. Is it just me or is the mouse countrols all over the place.

Not a PC gamer but this is one of those games I could not imagine being fun with a mouse and kb

The game itself was enjoyable , shame there weren't many remixes those were pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Glebee wrote: »

Cant speak for the mouse as i'm playing on console but I know what you mean in the other aspects.
    It's not a bad game because it does have very good visuals and Nillin is a good character. But pretty much the gameplay comes down to a mix of Uncharted and the Batman Arkham games. So having played all those games I find the gameplay is nothing special as it's been done before.

As for the story, it is over the place. I find it's one of those games where it's hard to keep track of whats going on. Like it's not presented to you in a good way.

To mirror what Calex said... It is an enjoyable game. I just wish it was a bit more because it has so much going for it. It's not your generic cookie cutter first person shooter or what ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm considering replaying it in French to see if it sounds better in its native language, but I'd probably do it on Normal/Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

About 3/4 way through this and for a game that started of slow hasreally grown on me. OK the story is a bit complex but there is a really nice game here trying to get out.

I got this after Christmas a year ago but only got around to playing it now. It's enjoyable and impressive without setting the world on fire. The setting is gorgeous, even if you are confined to a tight corridor. It does have a bit of Human Revolution in it alright. I'm just at the beginning of Chapter 4 now and waiting for the inevitable twist to come at some point.

On a different note, the developers put a lot of effort into Nilin's arse!

Alright, I finished the game yesterday. I'd call it very good, but not great. Nilin is a great character and it's easy to empathize with her. (coincidentally, the lead character is a non-white female, making her pretty bulletproof!).

The three main mechanics of the game (combat, platforming & remixing) are decent, but do suffer from having to share space. I personally feel the remixing should have been the central selling point of the game. The combat was good but it got a little bit tedious near the end when the game realized it had already introduced all it's enemy types so compensated by throwing wave after wave at you instead. That was annoying. The platforming, while fun could have been handled better, with each ledge heavily signposted for you.

The scenery is really well done but you can't interact with any of the environment that the game doesn't want you to. The narrative became very disjointed around chapters six and seven, mainly because other noises kept on drowning out conversations so i found myself having no idea what the mission was.

Happily, the inevitable twist didn't interrupt or change the flow of the game and I was expecting another twist near the end. Overall, I quite enjoyed Remember Me. It's far from perfect but about as unique as a AAA game can get in this day and age.

Advertisement