Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to link a thread in pm

Options
  • 14-08-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

Hi, a vodafone representative asked me to link a thread to him in pm, have looked at faq but can't seem to find it,
    Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just copy and paste a link as normal. PMs obey the same logic and syntax as posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭sdp

Ah great, thank you :)

Spear wrote: »
    Just copy and paste a link as normal. PMs obey the same logic and syntax as posts.

Hi I tried that and got this message,

The text that you have entered is too long (7913 characters). Please shorten it to 7000 characters long.

sorry i'm not very good at this :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

sdp wrote: »
    Hi I tried that and got this message,

The text that you have entered is too long (7913 characters). Please shorten it to 7000 characters long.

sorry i'm not very good at this :o

What exactly are you trying to copy and paste? There's no way a standard URL is 7000+ characters. It almost sounds like you might be trying the copy and paste the entire displayed page.

Oh dear, thats what I was doing, :o sorry, when he said link the thread I thought the whole thing, so is it just the post he wrote to link?
    Thank you

• Advertisement

No, just copy the link to a specific post by copying the link location that the number on the upper right of a post corresponds to.

Spear wrote: »
    No, just copy the link to a specific post by copying the link location that the number on the upper right of a post corresponds to.
    Great thanks a mill, all sorted now
    :)

Great all sorted now,
    thank you for your help :)

Advertisement