Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert History

Options
  • 14-08-2012 4:15pm
    Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi all :)
    I was wondering was there any point of studying Irish revolution because in jc thy always ask for one revolution essay and always ask for one revolution question mainly

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭II 2FAST2C II

Is there even a point of learning any Irish history ?? apart from famine

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭II 2FAST2C II

Is there even a point of learning any Irish history ?? apart from famine
    Ok lol that was out of mind maybe there is some chapters that to study but i am talking about mainly like in 3rd year chapters the war and de valera and o connell and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Yes, Irish History is very important and you'll see that once you get exam papers. It can come up in basic questions in question 1-3. Celts and all that.
    Then Question 6 C which is 20th century Irish History which you probably don't have done yet, depending on what your teacher is doing. It's pretty easy to learn so you should know it.
    I have some pretty decent notes and if you need them I can give them to you once you go back to school.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

on section 4 (essays) the 6 that came up this year wont come up next year so thats 6 essays you dont have to do of about 25-30 essays. History is fairly easy if you like it. if you study irish history to death and know it inside out you will easily and i mean easily get 30/30 in section 6. oh yeah what came up in section 5 this year wont come up next year and what came up in 2011 (forget what it is) wont come up for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Oh and don't believe your
    breath teacher when they tell you "2 sentences ABSOLUTE MINIMUM" for the short questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 2Mainstream

We learned the full course so we could answer all the short questions. If you have an idea of it, you probably won't have any problems. I wouldn't bother learning it in detail as you probably won't do a long question on it anyway.;)

Advertisement