Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for trading in collected mobile phones? (To aid autistic boy)

Options
  • 14-08-2012 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Not too sure if in the right forum to ask, mods feel free to move if needs be...

We have collected a hell of a lot of old working/non working mobile phones for my nephew who is autistic, and basically if we send all (180 approx) into irish autism action (IAA) he will get an Ipad 2 with all the autism apps and a hard case for free delivered to him to aid in his daily life.

Problem is that it has taken well over a year to collect these now and i have been told by work colleagues and friends that if i was just to trade these into one of the phone trade in companies i would prob comes out with about on average about €5 a phone which would equate to about €900!

We would really like to know our best option here, as i see it, we could just trade them in now to IAA, and he would get his Ipad to help him,

But then, if we got more money from some other crowd by trading them in, we could buy him the ipad 2 with all the extras and possibly have enough left over to buy an extra ipad for his brother who is also special needs or at least put the money towards his speech therapy or his occupational therapy.

Does anyone have any advice or expertise on where we could get the best price or value on trading them in, as it took so so long to accumulate these phones and we just want to get the best return on our collecting for the boys.

Thanks.

Advertisement