Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 1 year working visa question

Options
  • 14-08-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello Boards
    i’m going to apply for the 1 year working visa for Canada when the 2013 application opens in December (directly not through usit), now i heard the application can take up to 6 months to process so i am planning to head off to central America and the states in January and make my way up from there. So my question is, once my application is approved and i get the ‘Letter of Introduction’ sent to my address in Ireland will there be any problem if i get someone to send me over that letter to the states and then arrive to Canada from there? Or will there be a need at all to come back to Ireland before i can enter Canada?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Its an email

And you should be good to enter from anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 21 djz

cool.
    i was just confused because USIT told me i can only apply for the visa through them and when i told them my plans they said i'll have to go back to ireland from the states to get the visa from them and buy a return flight ticket with them too. i'm never going to usit again..

the question now is will i have a problem crossing borders in central america and getting into the states from mexico without a return ticket?

That I don't know!
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

Red Menace you seem to be the oracle for all this visa stuff, do you know about applying for a second year visa? My question is, I'm applying for my second one, didn't get to use my first one before it expired, I'm just wondering do you have to put that on the application form, there is some section where it asks if you've applied for a visa before but it lists all other visa types but not the IEC one. Sorry if it's a dumb question, just wanted to be clear. couldn't see it on the faq on the canadian government site either. Cheers! ;)

• Advertisement

Nope I never applied for the second IEC I went straight onto a work permit called a TWP so cant answer your question .
    Generally you should declare everything you did visa wise if asked on the application but I am no expert on this bit

Sorry!

Ok no worries! Thanks!
    red menace wrote: »
    Nope I never applied for the second IEC I went straight onto a work permit called a TWP so cant answer your question .
    Generally you should declare everything you did visa wise if asked on the application but I am no expert on this bit

Sorry!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

yor going to need a return ticket of some sort before entering either latin america or the usa and canada. so the only available option which i think would be open to you is a round the world ticket or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Birdster wrote: »
    Ok no worries! Thanks!

Always declare everything on visa applications. The already know that you've been granted a visa so if you leave it blank and they check then your application will be rejected. Once you've been rejected then it's very hard to get any visa from them again.

A friend of mine overstayed his visa in Canada by 10 months. He told them when applying for residency and they approved it

Interesting!! Oh I had every intention of stating it just wasn't sure if it was to go into that section or not. Thanks! You're friend is very lucky!! :)
    clio_16v wrote: »
    Always declare everything on visa applications. The already know that you've been granted a visa so if you leave it blank and they check then your application will be rejected. Once you've been rejected then it's very hard to get any visa from them again.

A friend of mine overstayed his visa in Canada by 10 months. He told them when applying for residency and they approved it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 djz

hi thanks just got 3 more questions

do you think i should be ok getting a job in montreal without knowing french?

when did the visa application open last year? end of december or start of january?

how will i go about getting "a statement from your bank account that must have been issued no more than one (1) week before your departure for Canada" or a "letter on official letterhead from your banking institution issued one (1) week before your departure for Canada that clearly shows your account balance, signed, dated, and preferably stamped." if i am in the states? will i not get away with just printing out my internet banking balance that has the date on it?

cheers

Hows your relationship with your local bank?
    Might be a good time to make friends with them,tell them now what you will need and ask them if you can call them and get the statement posted to someone in Ireland on the start of the week you need it. Or better still see if you can authorize someone to pick it up for you
    Then get the someone in Ireland to fedex it to whereever you are leaving to cross into Canada.
    Fedex should be able to overnight it to you unless you are in the middle of nowhere
    It'll cost a bit but cheaper than flying back to Ireland to pick it up..

Advertisement