Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Colourful" Character Getting... Strip Searched?

Options
  • 14-08-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Was on lunch today over at Grafton St just near the Molly Malone statue at about 12:50 and saw some junkie-looking-fecker (cue PC brigade) with his top off surrounded by three Gardaí one wearing rubber-gloves? Those disposable ones you use when you need to search someone's private places.

Anyone see it/know what was happening/could have been happening? Can the Guards do that if they suspect he's carrying drugs or something?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If he was injured, they may have been trying to help him.
    The gloves are standard practice in First Aid - all the teachers in our school use them if a child has cut themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The Garda isn't going to strip search him or perform an orifice search on the street - the gloves are probably to protect from blood if the junkie has bleeding scabs from needle marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yeah they put on gloves if they're searching one of these refined members of the community in case they have scabs, cuts or needles on them, as there's a chance they're riddled with aids. They also sometimes check in their mouth, under their tounge in case they saw the 5-0 coming and stuck drugs in their mouth to hide.

They would bring them back to the station though if they wanted to take a little peak up their balloon knot.

THANKS POLICE, CAMERA, ACTION!

[edit] Beaten to it X 2 above[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Haha yeah I know they weren't about to peek up his bum or something I just thought it was strange that he had his tshirt off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Haha yeah I know they weren't about to peek up his bum or something I just thought it was strange that he had his tshirt off :pac:

The sun made an appearance for approximately 3 minutes 42 seconds, hence the shirt immediately comes off. ;-)

Wearing gloves is standard practice when searching someone afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Anybody know what happenned on North Earl Street earlier today?was passing by at around 3pm and there was a fair amount of blood on the ground and about 5 Gardai had it taped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Was on lunch today over at Grafton St just near the Molly Malone statue at about 12:50 and saw some junkie-looking-fecker (cue PC brigade) with his top off surrounded by three Gardaí one wearing rubber-gloves? Those disposable ones you use when you need to search someone's private places.

Anyone see it/know what was happening/could have been happening? Can the Guards do that if they suspect he's carrying drugs or something?

I find the word "junkie" so offensive. They like to be called "opiate dependents". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

The gloves are probably to protect from blood if the junkie has bleeding scabs from needle marks.

And, or, meth scabs! Get with the times :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

if you were touching someone who could have a disease or sleeps in a pool of vomit you would wear gloves.

can police stop and search someone? obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Fuinseog wrote: »
    if you were touching someone who could have a disease or sleeps in a pool of vomit you would wear gloves.

can police stop and search someone? obviously

Assuming the t-shirt being off was his own choice due to the half-decent sunny spell then mystery solved.

First time I've seen the guards wearing those gloves though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Assuming the t-shirt being off was his own choice due to the half-decent sunny spell then mystery solved.

First time I've seen the guards wearing those gloves though.

if you are touching people, especially strangers, then you wear gloves. simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Yeah they generally wear gloves if they're going to make skin contact at all.
    Actually I was recently patted down in edinburgh airport, over my clothes, and the guy was wearing gloves.

Advertisement