Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Critique my song

• 14-08-2012 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

I have a song I would like people to cast their ear over, it's just an instrumental recording on Ableton, but the arrangement is final and I do have lyrics that I have to get off my arse and record. Anyway, you can find it here:

http://breakingtunes.com/algernonwilde

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭oceanmachine

Hey Chazz,

Great name! Sounds good and really well recorded. Get on the vocals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Hey man nice production quality, feels kinda dreamy and light at start then a bit more energetic and tense.

Am picturing a guy driving around a city at night (going by the title) looking for someone. Getting into conflict during the upbeat parts, like fighting her pimps or something lol. And then at the end the two of them driving away with her sleeping on his shoulder. Just the picture that came to mind. Anyway nice work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Don't know much about music arrangements etc, but I really enjoyed listening to that song, nice with or without lyrics. Good work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Joshua J wrote: »
    Hey man nice production quality, feels kinda dreamy and light at start then a bit more energetic and tense.

Am picturing a guy driving around a city at night (going by the title) looking for someone. Getting into conflict during the upbeat parts, like fighting her pimps or something lol. And then at the end the two of them driving away with her sleeping on his shoulder. Just the picture that came to mind. Anyway nice work.

hehehe, that cracked me up! :D

City of Lights is referenced in the lyrics in the last section before the verse returns:

Your eyes are a City of Light,
    Your eyes disarm me,
    Your eyes are a City of Light,
    Your eyes

Anyway, I will try get on with recording vocals. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭whiteonblu

Hello folks,

I have a song I would like people to cast their ear over, it's just an instrumental recording on Ableton, but the arrangement is final and I do have lyrics that I have to get off my arse and record. Anyway, you can find it here:

http://breakingtunes.com/algernonwilde
    link will not open for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Joshua J wrote: »

I hope the protagonist of your febrile imagination is fighting and not 'haggling'.
    For in the 'denouement' we see him driving away to an unstated destination with, presumably 'a lady of the night', sleeping on his shoulder. One is tempted to ask whether this happens before or after 'the contract is executed', so to speak, hopefully the latter, for if the former then he's a lousy conversationalist.

By the way, 'Pimps' plural for one client is new to me.
    Are there now too many pimps for a dwindling client base of 'streetwalkers'?
    Just what the hell's going on out there in the 'City of Lights'?
    Should I 'get out' more?

Advertisement