Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

seaching... but not connecting

• 14-08-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever experienced this problem?

Basically it's searching for the network but that's it, it keeps searching. It was working fine till last night, I switched it off for a while and when I knocked it back on this is what I get, been like that all day.

Tried a few things, restarting, power reset, airplane mode on/off. Won't be able to make it to the shop today, anyone any advise please?

ie iPhone 4s

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

What network? Did you buy the phone new or only get it recently second hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Meteor got it new out of carphone warehouse.

I had similar today with eMobile. Try restring network settings.
    Settings>general>reset

Yeah cheers tried that too. Everything else recommended online I've found I've tried. May as well just bring it into CPWH tomorrow.

I wouldnt hold any hope of them being able to do anything. Generally cpw staff haven't a clue. Have you tried removing the sim and call meteor to check everything is ok on your account. Failing that a restore is all you can do and then ring apple

• Advertisement

ok cheers man, still under guarantee and from what I've read online it could need replacing. I'm going to try someone's sim just to check it out and if not then restore. Cheers.

Even if it needs replacing I'd get it done direct from apple. Much quicker turnaround than if you bring it back to cpw

It's working now but hopefully don't have to do a full restore every so often now. Thanks for that.

Advertisement