Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anderson Banned For Three Events

• 14-08-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

THE Darts Regulation Authority have confirmed that Gary Anderson will miss the next three European tournaments, which includes the European Tour events in Stuttgart and Zuiderduin and the PartyPoker.net European Championship, through suspension.

A DRA statement relating to the case read:

"As a result of an incident at the European Tour event in Berlin on June 22 2012, Gary Anderson was reported to the Darts Regulation Authority for a breach of rule 4.1 of the DRA Rule book;
    'No Player or Member shall act in a manner which may reasonably be considered to injure or discredit the DRA or bring the game of darts into disrepute'.

"This related to him failing to complete his match and his subsequent behaviour.

"On Friday July 13 2012 his case was heard by the DRA Disciplinary Committee where he was found to be in breach of this rule.

"He was fined £600 and suspended from playing in the next three European events, including the European Championship on September 20-23 2012 at Muelheim, Germany.

"The DRA do not routinely publish the outcomes of hearings, but in this case it related to a senior player not being able to enter high-profile tournaments and it was important to clarify the reason for this."

ENDS

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Things just keep getting worse for Anderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niceone83

Gary is in serious need of a psychologist, he always psyches himself out of matches. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭leoch

i wonder what did he actually do

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭elevendarter

leoch wrote: »
    i wonder what did he actually do
    So do I... Does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

So do I... Does anyone know?

Only thing I can pick up is that he walked after 1 leg against Michael Barnard citing an eye complaint - (which in fairness kept him off the tour for a few weeks) subsequently he had a "few words" backstage with some of the players - (according to the German scorers twitter).

The wider picture being it's not the 1st time he's walked off (at least 3 or 4 times), he has had a "disagreement" with both Painter & Caven (sniffing on stage) and the ban is more a culmination of incidents that the specifically Berlin. Pity really great player when his heads right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 The Asset

what did he do ? not finish his game and walk off and have a hissy fit ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

I used to really like anderson and i am still a great admirer of his darts, but lets be honest here, he's not the type you would like to head to the local for a few with..

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

This is bad by Gary and could have a big effect on his performance come December time at the Ally Pally.
    On a personal note, Gary is one of the nicest guys in the PDC, he is very highly respected by the players and at the PDC Dinner last year, a lot of the players specifically asked to sit at his table in the Dorchestor!

He also sponsors a couple of the lads on the Youth tour simply because of the fact that Darts gives him a living and he wants to return the favour to others.

Personally, I never cared for him when he was playing on the BDO but when he joined the PDC, I instantly took him. Really hope he gets his head sorted for GSOD and World Champs because on form he is a joy to watch and a class act!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

The Asset wrote: »
    what did he do ? not finish his game and walk off and have a hissy fit ?

Basically yeah, threw one leg complained that he couldn't see out his right eye, shook Barnards hand and walked off.. that much we know. the backstage part is at the mercy of he said she said ... but the fella that was calling scores on stage twittered that there was a bit of verbals in the warm up room with other players. He was only defending 2,500 pound in the ranking so it wasn't a biggy as far as his rankings go. I've always thought of the Scottish players as teak tough, but even in the Premier League you could see Andy folding a few times under the crowds pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tcite

A word I heard about it was "gamesmanship".

It's a shame for Anderson, I think he's in big enough trouble as it is to still be a top four player in 2013.

• Advertisement
Advertisement