Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinnacle Card Insurance on AIB cards

Options
  • 14-08-2012 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

I have been paying this on an annual basis for last 4 or 5 years. It is about 16 eur per year. Is anybody else paying this? I get the feeling it is a dud product pushed by AIB. I think it covers card replacement but do I really need it?
    Thanks in advance

Edit: The full company name is Cardif Pinnacle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Whether you "need" it is purely up to you. It's optional. Basically it's a service you register all your credit/debit cards with, and if lost/stolen they do all the calling around for you, organise replacements, getting them to you whereever you are in the world etc.

Personally I wouldn't bother, but I'm sure some like the reassurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Thanks. It seems I am only covered for my credit card. I guess my laser card would cost extra. I thought you were covered anyway if your credit card was lost or stolen and for fraud on it. No?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Not nessecarily: again, you'ld need to talk to them but normally they'll cover x amount of cards for the same price.

As for coverage if your card is lost or stolen/used fraudulently it varies immensely on any number of circumstances.

Advertisement