Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy ace 2 or iphone 3gs?

Options
  • 14-08-2012 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Hi three are going to exchange my (3rd in a row) dodgy galaxy xcover for the ace 2 or iphone 3gs
    im looking for opinions/recomnendations on which is better...
    I use the net on my phone loads and the xcover constantly crashes so looking for one that wont!
    Also have gotten usedto samsung os so maybe switching to apple will be shock to the system...
    Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I think the 3GS is a bit slow with the latest updates. I expect Apple with drop support for it when they release the next iPhone in a few weeks. Ace 2 is a new model but it doesn't come with the latest Android OS. But overall its a better phone and likely to work with more software for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

BostonB wrote: »
    I think the 3GS is a bit slow with the latest updates. I expect Apple with drop support for it when they release the next iPhone in a few weeks. Ace 2 is a new model but it doesn't come with the latest Android OS. But overall its a better phone and likely to work with more software for longer.

Thats great thanks...im leaning towards the samsung so that helps me make a decision

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Galaxy Ace 2, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭petiha

in this case just go for the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2! (even though I'm more of an iOS fan) However don't expect any updates for it, 'cause I doubt Samsung will drop an 4.0 ICS update for this phone...

Or just wait till the new iPhone comes out, so the iPhone 4's price will drop down...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Got the galaxy ace 2 and have no complaints so far, huge difference between this and the x cover, that thing should not be sold in shops!
    I'm fairly new to smartphone technology so not really sure how an update will change the phone, would anyone mind explaining?

• Advertisement
Advertisement