Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are you feeling right now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

^^Inspirational stuff there..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

okiss wrote: »
    Some times we don't get the things we want but we get the things we need.
    If you want some thing badly enough and put in the work you will get there.

All I want now is what I need.
    What I really want is long long lost.
    Didn't put the work in and now I'm playing a game of chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I was pretty worried. But hey. I can't change it now. And I've got good plans whether I fail or pass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Pretty content and carefree, will be a different story le matin!
    Dapics wrote: »
    I'm Feeling stoned.
    Come visit me, there's a total drought here!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lavidabonita

Terrible.So nervous :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Ha ha, I'm so happy that I'm allready done with all the leaving cert problems :D

Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

I feel gay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

i went to the pub tonight to calm the nerves, it worked. drink is the gift of christ

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SD021

HeaneyBabe wrote: »
    i went to the pub tonight to calm the nerves, it worked. drink is the gift of christ
    HeaneyBabe wrote: »
    i am so so so so so so so so so nervous.

Hmm :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Check out Irish Times on the net. Trends in results nationally are there already.

SD021 wrote: »
    Hmm :P

it's hitting me now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

LoYL wrote: »
    Check out Irish Times on the net. Trends in results nationally are there already.

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'd kill for a bowl of Frosties right about now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Oh god just checked out the irish times the thats all I need to hear great :/ the headline.
    Actually I think I misread the title smart . It's a good thing .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Phys/chem.. 11% failure. Omfg. :/:/:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Its over a decade since I did the leaving cert. I was the first in my family to do it and I was bricking it at the time.

Looking back, it's kinda like when you're mad about someone and are ****ting it to ask them out. Skip forward 6, 12 months and you couldnt really give a crap how you look or 99% of what you say to this person you were once mad about. Skip forward 5 years and you look back on the relationship and laugh too yourself or just dont give an F'.

Folks, you/we have all been hoodwinked.

All the worry and anxiousness was a hoax. Seriously. The most disappointing part is they never tell you this. It doesnt matter if you dont get your course this year or if you scored lower that you expected.

Please read up on the amount of students that either switch or drop out of their first course in college. Read up on the amount of students that re-start more than 2 courses post leaving cert. Find out on the amount of people who actually finish their course and dont pursue a career in their studies. I know folks who took them 7, 8 years to finish college, having started 3 different courses.

You are only 17/18/19, you have no idea how much change adulthood will bring you and how the decisions you make now in college may have very little impact on your life in 5 - 10 years.

The best advice I could give is to find out what really interests you and dont settle for less. If you have to repeat the leaving or do a PLC then you're better off. So many people go and do a course they could care little about thinking to just grind it out and that it will be grand when they get a job, this is utterly false. A job wont inspire you more about the subject. Dont settle for less than what captivates you, you owe this to yourself after 13 years of schooling.

Tomorrow is not do or die. Its just the first proper road sign you'll see as to what you have to do in order to be what you want. Be honest with yourself, is it what you want to be? Dont idealize it, if you have to do that then you're just cheating yourself. If you get what you truly wanted, congrats.

Tomorrow you have nothing to worry about.

I'm actually freaking out now. :O everything was okay until I saw that phys/chem statistic. Knew I should've done Ord. Level! :( I seriously probably failed it, even though I felt the exam went okay... Even the D3 would be brilliant at this rate... Actually wanna repeat now. :/
    Everything else seems okay, so maybe... Awww just freaking out now! :( xD

it's gonna be a long night..

• Advertisement

Feel better now realizing that 11% of phys/chem students failed, and I guess 89% got a D3 or higher... I could be in the minority though xD
    Nerves are seriously getting to me now. :/ :L

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kilfeather94

yikes, over 4000 failed maths!! hope I'm not part of that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

indifferent :s

I'm gonna be in that 9% who failed physics. Seriously young people reading this, don't pick it

Tired and my stomachs a knot. I need to go and dry clothes after I make my 1999 post! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

yikes, over 4000 failed maths!! hope I'm not part of that :(

But only 2^8 failed HL maths... so that's good?

I'm just hoping for a B2 in OL Maths. A B1 would be lovely though! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

finality wrote: »
    But only 2^8 failed HL maths... so that's good?

Only if you did HL

What do you think the English marking will be like?

• Advertisement
Advertisement