Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switching from bord gais to esb

Options
  • 14-08-2012 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

i just moved into a rented property and landlord has put my names onto electricity and gas
    electricity is fine as im with electric ireland however i would like to switch from bord gais to electric ireland for gas
    i have the form filled out online with all info except the gas meter number.
    have the gprn and meter reading but cant find anything about the gas meter number on the letter bord gais sent out?
    is there a way i can find this number on the meter maybe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Greengrass87,

Yes, that number would be on the meter. If you like, private message me the details you have so far for your switch and we can help you out with completing it. :)

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greengrass87

thanks una i have jst finished the switch online
    it says 21 working days to complete?
    will i now have to ring bord gais to explain to them i am switching or will yerselves do that also?
    bord gais say that they will disconnect the meter in 5 days if i dont wish to take over the account.
    will i need to pay a reconnection fee then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi greengrass87,

You don't need to ring Bord Gáis Energy to inform them of the switch - we'll take care of that for you. Gas switches can take up to 21 working days to fully complete, but there won't be a risk of disconnection in this case as the registration is already in progress.

If you would like me to keep an eye on this for you, please feel free to send me a PM. Don't forget that as a dual-fuel customer, you are entitled to avail of our discounts. More info here.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greengrass87

Hi greengrass87,

You don't need to ring Bord Gáis Energy to inform them of the switch - we'll take care of that for you. Gas switches can take up to 21 working days to fully complete, but there won't be a risk of disconnection in this case as the registration is already in progress.

If you would like me to keep an eye on this for you, please feel free to send me a PM. Don't forget that as a dual-fuel customer, you are entitled to avail of our discounts. More info here.

Thanks,

David.

how do i avail of these discounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Greengrass87,

If the discounts which you wish to avail of include direct debit, it would be required that you call our Sales team on 1850 30 50 90 as we cannot discuss bank details by private message here on Boards.ie.

If you are not interested in the direct debit discount but the others, we can have them applied for you - just private message me your Electric Ireland electricity account number, your name, and the address/contact telephone number on it.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement