Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steeping

Options
  • 14-08-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Well first thing i noticed was there was no steeping thread im guessing it's because its just a general talking topic or i missed it. But i just wanted to know do some of ye just steep for an extended period of time before the juice get used? Or is there a sort of routine in use where you just mix and match. Personally i hav'nt found much difference in vaping the juice straight away or steeping but some claim that it can increase flavour. So have you noticed any change while steeping and would it only be flavour wise?
    Thanks again bernard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Mostly for DIY juice, it smooths out a flavor if left for a day or two.
    Never bothered (had enough juice) to do it for longer and found the same result if I left the juice in a glass of warm water for 5 minutes.
    Not enough of a connoisseur of juices to notice much change in flavor but the stinging spiting taste goes. Probably not describing it right but its as close as I can get.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I personally never steeped a juice until I got some custom mixed vanilla custard from Grant @ Vaporwall.

I tried it on day one, and it was lovely, tried it 7 days later and the flavor was 10 times stronger and fuller, it's on it's second week of steeping at the minute, as he told me the juice is supposed to be bright red when it's ready, and it's getting there at the minute, can't wait to try it!

Their you go, eeloe has found it works.
    I only get dekand stuff and diy so what would I know. I imagine the dekang juice we get is at least 3 weeks old before we drop it into a carto.

Yeah the Dekang stuff is ready to vape when you get it, it won't improve with steeping, nor will it get worse, I don't think

I got a bottle of Butterscotch a couple of months ago, tasted like sh!t on the first day, steeped it for 4 weeks, and it tasted the exact same 4 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

eeloe wrote: »
    I personally never steeped a juice until I got some custom mixed vanilla custard from Grant @ Vaporwall.

I tried it on day one, and it was lovely, tried it 7 days later and the flavor was 10 times stronger and fuller, it's on it's second week of steeping at the minute, as he told me the juice is supposed to be bright red when it's ready, and it's getting there at the minute, can't wait to try it!

Oh i dont know about vaping a custard flavoured e juice seem's strange to me the way i see it why by custard e juice for 5 -10 euro when a carton costs about 2 euro ;) But what ever floats your boat im guessing im not there yet with the flavoured e juices but il get there in the end.Diy is still a bit confusing for me i think if it got explained in person id be able to understand better hopefully at irishvape's il learn new things :).Thanks for the information i understand now its only really for diy juice but if you get a bad tasting e juice from dekang etc..leave it steep it might just be fresh.

• Advertisement

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Mostly for DIY juice, it smooths out a flavor if left for a day or two.
    Never bothered (had enough juice) to do it for longer and found the same result if I left the juice in a glass of warm water for 5 minutes.
    Not enough of a connoisseur of juices to notice much change in flavor but the stinging spiting taste goes. Probably not describing it right but its as close as I can get.

I think i get what you mean the little spit u get when you refill a carto.What do you do put it into a 10 ml bottle then into a glass of hot water?

Thats it, just sort of warm it up to blend the flavor and base better.
    Leave the top off the bottle in case it expands tho you shouldn't have the water that hot, no more than what you put your hand in.

Oh i dont know about vaping a custard flavoured e juice seem's strange to me the way i see it why by custard e juice for 5 -10 euro when a carton costs about 2 euro ;) But what ever floats your boat im guessing im not there yet with the flavoured e juices but il get there in the end.Diy is still a bit confusing for me i think if it got explained in person id be able to understand better hopefully at irishvape's il learn new things :).Thanks for the information i understand now its only really for diy juice but if you get a bad tasting e juice from dekang etc..leave it steep it might just be fresh.

50ml of Grants Vanilla works out to around €30 shipped...worth every cent...

I still haven't started DIYing, still having too much fun with store bought premixed juice...

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Thats it, just sort of warm it up to blend the flavor and base better.
    Leave the top off the bottle in case it expands tho you shouldn't have the water that hot, no more than what you put your hand in.

Have to try it thanks :)

eeloe wrote: »
    50ml of Grants Vanilla works out to around €30 shipped...worth every cent...

I still haven't started DIYing, still having too much fun with store bought premixed juice...

Fair enough if you find a flavour you like. im unsure whether i should splurge the money on el toro virginia/naturales :/

I think it would be good if you find a juice u like and the flavour and make it yourself :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement