Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

catalpa tree FREE

Options
  • 14-08-2012 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

4 years ago I planted a few catalpa tree seeds and 3 of them have grown to between 3 - 5 feet. They are in tree tubs and are free to anyone that wants them I'm in the Kildare area. First up best dressed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56674374

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

hey are these gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

siochain wrote: »
    Hi Folks

4 years ago I planted a few catalpa tree seeds and 3 of them have grown to between 3 - 5 feet. They are in tree tubs and are free to anyone that wants them I'm in the Kildare area. First up best dressed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56674374

cheers
    Hi s..ida loved em but its just a tad far..let them go to next..thanks m.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

still here folks,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Can i have them please?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

siochain wrote: »
    They are in tree tubs and are free to anyone that wants them I'm in the Kildare area.

Would love to have these if still available. I'm in Kildare town and could collect over the weekend

• Advertisement

racso1975 wrote: »
    Can i have them please?
    yes, PM me to sort out collection. Do you want the 3 of them?

racso1975 wrote: »
    Can i have them please?
    yes, PM me to sort out collection. Do you want the 3 of them?

trees are still available,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I am one if the people who you sent the seedlings too but mine died. i would love the trees

I am one if the people who you sent the seedlings too but mine died. i would love the trees

I'm in Kildare PM and call down there all yours. They are in large 60l tree tubs so you would need a van for them. cheers

• Advertisement

one left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I'll leave it so. petrol is too pricey and i am smashed at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Thank you, siochain. You are a star, they are lovely trees. I will keep you posted on their progress.

BTW This offer is now closed.

good to know their gone to a good home, keep me posted, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭SeanElec1

Siochan, As you are a successful grower of Catalpa, Would you provide a little advice?
    I plan to give a tree as a 30th present to a niece who now has a new house with lots of space around it. West coast, windy site, heavy clay soil poor draining. Which is a good variety for this situation ? The Catalpa Bignoides is the best known & seems to have a pretty flower. How many years did it take yours to start flowering? Any experience of the variegated form ?
    Thank you.
    Sean

Advertisement