Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bragging on Facebook

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sykk wrote: »
    I wnt to hispotal to get ma new ovary adn my boyfrend was wit me. I was goin 2 die cuz i dident have a donor,, i woke up tree hrs latr and d doctor tld me i had a nw ovray. i askd weres my byfrnd and he sed - u dn't know hu gav u the ovry?

lyk if u luv ur boyfrend xxx

all those "lyk dis" updates are good for weeding retarded people out of your friends list though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

*retarded story*
    -lyk if u cried 2k12 XOXOXO

FECK OFF:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

In a restaurant the other night and there was a table of 4 women (women now not girls) who were taking pics of their meals and posting them on their FB page. Seriously folks - a pic of your steak :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Dovies wrote: »
    In a restaurant the other night and there was a table of 4 women (women now not girls) who were taking pics of their meals and posting them on their FB page. Seriously folks - a pic of your steak :confused::confused:

Instragram it for that added arty-ness

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Yep. It's useful for weeding out the total c*nts who managed to escape the c*ntdar in real life.

This just came up on my newsfeed (from an ex-colleague):

My boss told just me that one of our biggest clients apparently fancies me! Me: "Well, can you blame him?" Boss: "No, you are gorgeous."

People actually talk like that about themselves?

See one person do something, judge EVERYONE accordingly.

Problem, logic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Perhaps, because I love them so much, this is something that only affects me. What I love about facebook is 1000 pictures a day with drake (Or some other random guy blankly staring off into the distance) with what is intended to be deep and meaningful words but its actually, if you can read and have a brain, mindless muck that actually equates to mental illness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    They have a competition on Facebook called "mums and tots" where you post a photo of your baby and randomers "like" the "cutest baby". The baby that gets the most likes wins. Wins what though God only knows.

The thing is everyone is Mailing one another saying "hey! Would u please like my baby!". Girls who I haven't spoken to in years are mailing me asking me to like their baby, eh as if. They can p*ss off

Why are they your friends on FB if you haven't spoken to them in years? I don't get that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

red menace wrote: »
    Whats the point of being mega rich if I can't boast on facebook about my Rolls Royce full of caviar

Dear Lord! I hope you don't have the fine Italian leather custom interior like I have in my Rolls Royce Phantom DHC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Once seen a friend post a photo of his gf who had just started labour and there she was with a big cheeky grin eating a ****ing Jaffa cake.

Facebook DJ's you can also ask my hole.

Comfy bed you too

Idiots who like their own photo or status you too.

Live the drunken ramblings though. Great entertainment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Dovies wrote: »

This kind of thing boggles my mind. I was in a Starbucks and a guy and girl (seemed to be a couple and not just friends) in their early-twenties came in, got some Frappacino with cream type things and sat near me. They were hardly talking and both proceeded to take out their phones and snap picks of the drinks and started tapping away on their phones presumably uploading to Facebook / Twitter or whatever. They sat in almost silence then for the next 5 or so minutes tapping away without even touching their drinks. They took a few sips then wandered off.
    Then another pair came in, two girls, similar thing. Took pics of their drinks and spent the next while just stuck in their phones.
    I am not a big social media / texter type of person so I must be missing out on something but looking around a cafe and seeing people sitting together but stuck in their phones ignoring each other is still bizarre to me.
    P.s. I'm early thirties and not the seventy-odd I probably sound like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Distilled Facebook.

De-friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Yeah hate people who post crap on FB such as:

"GGRRRRRRR, hate packing for my 3 month Safari around the world"

"hate queueing for my flight for my 2 week holiday to NewYork, GRRRRRRR"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

person 1 - Just got the best news ever, so happy :D

person 2 - share the good news

person 1 - I mail ya, don't want everyone to know...

person 2 - Just got the mail that's great news so happy for you

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    person 1 - Just got the best news ever, so happy :D

person 2 - share the good news

person 1 - I mail ya, don't want everyone to know...

person 2 - Just got the mail that's great news so happy for you

:mad:
    braindead attention seeking *****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

what about morons writing on someone wall they have private mail? god give me strength

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭coulagh1986

The ones I love are when 2 people are in the sitting room and they have an argument on facebook over whose gonna make the tea.

Good God how sad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Facebook should be used for improv, stand up comedy, funny monologues, crazy characters, sketches, slapstick, anecdotes, parody... you've noticed this list, I'm always making lists, in fact that's probably why Steven Spielberg casts me as Oskar Schindler in Schindler's List. I said Stephen, I make lists all the time and he said that's exactly what I'm looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

Girls sticking up a picture of themselves set to go out for the night and then liking it

or worse still - liking it, commenting on it and then liking their own comment - WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

I don't mind people who put up the odd baby picture, but I don't need to see or hear about you potty training your children. Seriously.

This thread has promted me to do a cull.... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Ever Saturday and Sunday morning the newsfeed appears as a competition to show off who has the worst hangover

‘OMG abso dyin’

‘mad nite, payin for it now lol’

‘1 to many lst nite, nvr drnkin again haha as if lol’

‘woop woop so mch fun w da girliez in Coppers!!! Wheres da paracetamolz’

Please fcuk right off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

scrumqueen wrote: »

Before facebook I would never have believed that there were so many semi-literate flutes out there. How the hell do they even function in society?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

This is a common dialogue from FB

Girl - "omg Iiiiii hAtee tHHat PhOOtoo ovV meeEEee.. ImM sOooOo uGGliii"

Friend - "delete it then?"

Girl - "nAhhhHH "

Why post a picture on FB, then say you look ugly... Attention whores..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Alternatively: Im also a tool/drama/queen/slapper etc etc etc as i actually care what people do/post on FB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

what about morons writing on someone wall they have private mail? god give me strength

Hawkwing just sent you a message, check your inbox !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Im hating those pictures of kids with cancer or burn victims that pop up every bloody day from people trying to get as many likes as possible. And there is that crap with the tag line "LIKE IN 3 SECONDS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS". Is there anyway to stop that sh1t from flooding my newsfeed?

Reporting them as spam doesnt seem to do jack ****.

(fyi I do feel sympathy for the kids, I just dont want their sh!t invading my down time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

scrumqueen wrote: »
    I don't mind people who put up the odd baby picture, but I don't need to see or hear about you potty training your children. Seriously.

This reminds me, 'Im about to do a cull.....like if you want to stay friends.

SERIOUSLY?!

• AeoNGriM wrote: »
    See one person do something, judge EVERYONE accordingly.

Problem, logic?

I meant that Facebook makes it easy to tell who the twats are because they brag on Facebook. How is that judging everyone accordingly? I'm judging the people who do what the OP complained about, not everyone who uses Facebook. If you didn't understand my post within the context of the thread, you might just have a logic problem yourself.

Advertisement