Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Building 950 euro budget parts info

Options
  • 14-08-2012 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

hey guys looking for some parts for my gaming pc im looking to build a pc but any good pre built gaming pc heres some info

1.Budget:1000 euro

2.will be used for: gaming games includr alot of cod skyrim battlefield etc...

3.Do you need copy of windows: yes windows 7

4.Can u use old pc parts: no

5.Do i need a monitor: no

6.Current resolution of monitor + wud u upgrade: 1920 x 1080 yes upgrade

7.Will you try overclocking:maybe

8.How can you pay: credit card/laser

9.When purchasing:prob christmas due to schoolwork.

10.If needed help during build where are u situategd: gorey ,Wexford

any help is welcome plz have best build for.money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Steps:
    1. Fill out the forms in the sticky
    2. Dont look like a lazy fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

TheSunderz wrote: »
    hey guys looking for some pc parts lists can you guys make some up from websites looking for a 950 euro parts lists for a gaming pc.Any websites will do plus if anyone has previous imformation from websites it would help alot.I want the best parts for money.

LOL - I should have told you to fill out the form. I've done you a build so I'll not do one in this thread - it will give you something to compare it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

Guys what thread shud i post in ?

This one but fill this out:

If you want to ask about a new build, please include as much of the following information as possible in your thread:

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

Also keep posting in this thread - its where you ask for help and then post us the pics of your build :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ViperHiggins

Have you tried komplett there probably the cheapest place in Ireland

This Medion Akoya (€900) is pretty good, it has a 3rd generation i7, a pretty decent graphics card and it comes ready to go out of the box.

http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/computers/80005754/medion_akoya_p5376e_i7_3770_8gb_2tb_gtx550ti/details.aspx

The cons are it doesn't list the motherboard or the power supply (and the psu is where most companies tend to cheap out on) but you can use your extra €50 to buy an alright psu :D

• Advertisement

Have you tried komplett there probably the cheapest place in Ireland

This Medion Akoya (€900) is pretty good, it has a 3rd generation i7, a pretty decent graphics card and it comes ready to go out of the box.

http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/computers/80005754/medion_akoya_p5376e_i7_3770_8gb_2tb_gtx550ti/details.aspx

The cons are it doesn't list the motherboard or the power supply (and the psu is where most companies tend to cheap out on) but you can use your extra €50 to buy an alright psu :D

That has a terrible GPU

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ViperHiggins

The 550 is grand I get battlefield on high and skyrim on medium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

The 550 is grand I get battlefield on high and skyrim on medium

It's a crap card for price/performance/watt.

OP ignore this guy - reported for trolling. Clearly a response to my admonishment of another poster. Differences of opinions are one thing. Silly builds and pirated OSes are quite another.

Mission successful; troll has been given a free holiday - Sol

Advertisement