Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Heritage, Ecology and the Garden - LIT evening course

Options
  • 14-08-2012 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I am considering taking this 10-week evening course in LIT.

I have always had an interest in gardening, wildlife, conservation and the like and noticed this course in the Adult Education prospectus. It seems promising.

From the outline:

"Understanding our food heritage from the famine through to the present time, basic garden design and principles, sowing vegetable seeds, their aftercare and how to save seeds. Introduction to biodiversity and how climate change is affecting it locally and globally. Identify Ireland's native flora and fauna and how to carry out a biodiversity audit. Understand the principles of composting, the basic theory and principles of soil care. How to develop a tree nursery; identify Ireland's native trees and their place in history, identifying native tree seed, propagating with tree seed and cuttings. Awareness of the bigger environmental issues including peak oil, fair-trade, food miles, food security, biodiversity, famine, climate change."

I would be interested in hearing from anyone on Boards who did this course. What were your overall impressions of the course and was it worth taking?

Any useful feedback would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Moved from Environmental Science.

Advertisement