Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male or Female Husky First

• 14-08-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hello All,

My partner and I have decided to get our first husky, this has not been a rushed decision as we have admired the breed for years but had been living in London for the last four years preventing us from getting one, we have now relocated back to Ireland. We are not first time dog owners and have done our research on the breed and aware of the demands of such an active breed.

we have narrowed it down to two puppies in the litter a male and a female but we are struggling to pick between the two, I do intend to get a second husky later maybe a year or so once we have fully trained the first (not for breeding as I will neuter/spayed both). My question is, is it better to integrate a female with an existing male or the other way about.

The male puppy (brown eyes) seems to be much more chilled out but not by any means shy, the female (blue eyes) is more typical puppy and full of energy and chewing everything in sight. I would be interested in hearing peoples experiences.

Thanks
    Col

Advertisement