Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair price for shelving

• 14-08-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    Just wondering we wanted 6 shelves in our sitting room. 3 either side of the chimney - making the six. We wanted them hanging so you could not see any brackets and strong enough to take a lot of books.

I am wondering what is a fair price for this? I can post the price I was quoted or PM it. Whatever is the etiquette?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

It would depend on the type and amount of timber, also the type of brackets being used, plus your address might be a factor. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 25 attic

policarp wrote: »
    It would depend on the type and amount of timber, also the type of brackets being used, plus your address might be a factor. . .
    Dublin address. For each shelf, carpenter is putting MDF on the top and MDF on the bottom and then wood in between giving a thickness of about 40mm. The shelves will be hanging so that you can't see any brackets.

How much you think is a fair price?

Advertisement