Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC in Leinster Senior College

• 14-08-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Im thinking of moving there for 6th year and i want to know how i'll catch up with the course that i havent covered yet that the 6th years already have?
    Also does leinster senior college have a debs? and what time do classes finish at in the evening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Zebramaster

Im thinking of moving there for 6th year and i want to know how i'll catch up with the course that i havent covered yet that the 6th years already have?
    Also does leinster senior college have a debs? and what time do classes finish at in the evening?

I really want to know these things too . However when I created a thread a moderator gave me a short answer and closed it . So... I hope this goes better this time .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Why not email their site and ask them?boards isn't for free advertising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

spurious wrote: »

How come you consider it free advertising? We have forums for all the main colleges where you can ask questions. Why is it considered advertising for someone to ask questions about a school?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

They cover 100% of the course in 6th year so not to worry. Everyone is starting from the same place really, revision to some people, new to other people, you are all covering the course at the same pace. And the teachers are lovely so if you're having a problem you can ask them and they'll help you out. Also you can go to their grinds after school instead of doing a study period.

Its up to the LSC students themselves to organise a debs if they want one.

The classes end at 4.30pm each evening and there's optional study from 4.50pm to 6.50pm. Grinds in certain subjects are held weekly in LSC for external students but people from the day school can sit in on those grinds if they are having trouble with a subject.

Hope this helps! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Muir wrote: »

How come you consider it free advertising? We have forums for all the main colleges where you can ask questions. Why is it considered advertising for someone to ask questions about a school?

Because all the queries come from first time posters -if you want to query or challenge my decision, please use the correct procedure and don't do it on thread, thanks.

• Advertisement

Muir wrote: »

Because all the queries come from first time posters -if you want to query or challenge my decision, please use the correct procedure and don't do it on thread, thanks.

Thanks Hitchcock that's just what I wanted to know but does anyone know how flexible they are we payment plans because it's quite pricey .
    Spurious - I don't see how it's free advertising either . I personally just want to know what people who went there thought of it . As obviously if I contact them of course they're going to say it's a great school .

Just watch posters with low posting rates who never post about anything else - they are often people connected with the business promoting themselves. On boards, we call it 'shilling'.

Just watch posters with low posting rates who never post about anything else - they are often people connected with the business promoting themselves. On boards, we call it 'shilling'.
    Oh right okay I kinda understand then spurious, however I'm a new user and I joined to ask this question .

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

Thanks Hitchcock that's just what I wanted to know but does anyone know how flexible they are we payment plans because it's quite pricey.
    You can pay it altogether, or in two halves (september and january), or you can pay it over the duration of 7 or 8 months. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Quest

Does anyone have thoughts on the question originally asked by Zebramaster i.e. reasons for deciding between Leinster Senior College and the Institute of Education Leeson Street? Anyone who would like to comment on their experience of either would be much appreciated, from an academic, atmosphere, approach to students, social aspect perspective. Any other places I could consider?

Basically, I'm a Kildare based parent with a 16 year old who is educated out of school but will obviously have to sit the Leaving Cert to get into college. I think going into a traditional school environment would be difficult so I was thinking of the Institute because of its reputation and apparently isn't like a traditional secondary in their approach to students but then someone mentioned Leinster Senior College, so I'm wondering whether is has an equally good reputation, what its approach is, what both students and parents thought of it etc.

Agree with previous posters: you can get a certain amount of information from websites but of course they're all going to say their own school is great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daleyford

Hi Quest. Ive had experience in LSC and I found it to be a really good school. For your son it would be very well suited as everything is very much exam focused, its not about fitting into a social hierarchy. The atmosphere is friendly and bullying is simply not tolerated

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Stewie Griffin

As a general observation on the grind schools, the teachers in these schools are no better qualified than the teachers in any other secondary school. I can only presume that the students are all very motivated, as they are anxious not to waste their parents' hard-earned money.

Regarding the LSC, I hope it stays open long into the future. It keeps me busy!

Advertisement