Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Info] Which streets/areas in Dublin city are rough.

Options
  • 14-08-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey, I created an account here just to ask this question so I appreciate all the help I can get

Some friends and I are about to view several properties around Dublin, we are hoping to rent them for the next college year. the thing is we are not from the city and as most of the streets we could be living on are inner city ones that we have never heard off we were just wondering if any of you city natives would be able to point out areas that would be best avoided and so forth.

This is a list of possible addresses.

D1: Great Denmark Street - Nelson Street - Simmons Place - Gardiner Street - Island Key, East Rd. East Wall

D3: Hawthorn Terrace, East Wall

D7:Great Western Villas, Phibsborough - Glengarrif Crecent, Phibsborough

D8: St. Vincents Street, Inchicore - St. James Street - Nash Street, Inchicore - Bridgewater Quay, Islandbridge

I don't expect you to know all these places and how safe they are but any comments would be helpful

Thanks a Million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Why did you pick those streets specifically considering they are nowhere near each other and not the usual student area's. Odd selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SJMSJ

BostonB wrote: »
    Why did you pick those streets specifically considering they are nowhere near each other and not the usual student area's. Odd selection.

Well we are looking for three bedroom places somewhere in the city centre in a particular price range. There is not actually that much choice so we are also looking at some other flats outside the centre like in Dublin 8 for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If you pick purely the cheapest places you'll get the least popular places, either because they a rough, or further out. Are you all in the same college or different ones. Because there's no point in being miles away from college.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement