Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good headphones for iPhone

• 14-08-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

I have a pair of Sony noise cancelling phones. But, they're not very efficient at noise cancelling, and they don't sound great.

I don't want in-ear phones coz they drive me nuts.

So, that really just leaves full size wrap-around phones that don't have to be noise cancelling (think along the lines of those Olympic swimmers wear before a race! ;) )

Size is not a problem coz I carry.a bag everywhere. My only concerns are sound quality and weight.

My main diet is classical, with some light Rock thrown in.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

D.

Ps. I did search, but threads on headphones seem old.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go with a good brand like Bose, Sennheiser or Grado. Maybe try some in a music shop? They have to be comfortable too and only you can decide that.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

creative HQ-1900 are very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sennheiser PX100s are a great set of headphones for the money. Great sound quality and very light and portable. Ive had a pair for about 5 years now and they are still going strong. Only thing I have had to replace is the foams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Klipsch have a very good reputation, try the S4i.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

TBi wrote: »

Here here, I got a pair myself, great earphones for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

adox wrote: »
    Sennheiser PX100s are a great set of headphones for the money. Great sound quality and very light and portable. Ive had a pair for about 5 years now and they are still going strong. Only thing I have had to replace is the foams.

I'd recommend these too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bose totally overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

bose totally overpriced.

Still sound great. Also make a version with the mic/ controller on them. Handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

TBi wrote: »

Another +1, great set for the price. Klipsch announced an update to these models last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks guys.

As it happens I own a Naim Uniti for home use and it only struck me that the anoraks (and that's what they are) over there would have lots to say on headphones.......

http://forums.naimaudio.com/displayForumTopic/content/14660154290022853?reply=14660154292318778#14660154292318778

Much food for thought. Anything good enough for my Naim would be good enough for the iPhone.

I think I'm right in saying the Klipsch are in-ear. Don't really want those, as I wrote at the beginning. (Out of curiousity, what advantages do in-ear have over wrap around?)

Thanks again.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Dinarius wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, what advantages do in-ear have over wrap around?

They are not bulky and fit in your pocket when you are not using them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Still sound great. Also make a version with the mic/ controller on them. Handy.

not really, i have a pair of QC15's - won them in a competition - (supposedly their best over ear headphones) and tbh the sound quality from my in-ear shure SE315's or my wireless Sennheiser RS170 are much better at half the price.

that being said if you're listening to mp3's with a ****e bitrate then all of the advice given here will fall on deaf ears.
    Out of curiousity, what advantages do in-ear have over wrap around?

no sound leakage, i listen to my music at 25% volume due to this very fact, better for your ears and as other posters say they are easier to carry around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Dinarius wrote: »

I think I'm right in saying the Klipsch are in-ear. Don't really want those, as I wrote at the beginning. (Out of curiousity, what advantages do in-ear have over wrap around?)

Klipsch do over ear too. I recommended the brand plus one product.

My friend has the on ear version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Thank Christ nobody has suggested Beats.

I've always trusted Shure with my money for headphones and earphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nemesisdg

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056729304

Bargain Alert for some Klitschsss... Or whatever they're called.

Advertisement