Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Ridiculous amount of united/ex-united players in the NI Portugal game.

Ronaldo
    Nani
    C. Evans
    J. Evans
    Cathcart
    Norwood
    Carroll
    McGivern

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

hes up and ok i think. its his knee thats been giving him problems of late right?

Thigh muscle I thought it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Danye wrote: »
    And like it will be Casper replacing him :rolleyes:

Really? Thanks I would never have worked that one out :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

VW 1 wrote: »
    Ridiculous amount of united/ex-united players in the NI Portugal game.

Ronaldo
    Nani
    C. Evans
    J. Evans
    Cathcart
    Norwood
    Carroll
    McGivern

I think Ryan McGivern was not United player (Qucik google search says he was from City).

Apart from that, yeah many United/Ex United players. Good to see Norwood, Cathcart and C.Evans playing for Ireland. Just shows even if the players are not good enough for ManUtd, they are good enough for Midtable teams or Championship. (One of the reason why our academy is so good, we have so many United academy players in PL and Championship).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Giggsy11 wrote: »

I think Ryan McGivern was not United player (Qucik google search says he was from City).

Apart from that, yeah many United/Ex United players. Good to see Norwood, Cathcart and C.Evans playing for Ireland. Just shows even if the players are not good enough for ManUtd, they are good enough for Midtable teams or Championship. (One of the reason why our academy is so good, we have so many United academy players in PL and Championship).

My bad, thought it was Luke McGivern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

The Glazers strike again
    MANCHESTER United has extended its spread of commercial partners after signing a three-year deal with a Japanese soft drinks brand.

The deal with Kagome,which will last until the end of the 2015/16 season, sees the brand become the club’s official soft drink partner in Japan. It is one of several new deals announced since the signing of Japanese player Kagawa in the summer.

I doesn't state how much we are earning from the deal.

http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/384884-man-united-nets-deal-with-japanese-drinks-brand.html?news_section=4148

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Noodles and soft drinks. Are the Glazers starting to target my eating/drinking habits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Noodles and soft drinks. Are the Glazers starting to target my eating/drinking habits?

Manchester United FC is pleased to announce a new sponsorship deal with Rustlers Microwavable burgers until the 2016 season.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Manchester United FC is pleased to announce a new sponsorship deal with Rustlers Microwavable burgers until the 2016 season.

i can see rooney and ando advertising them now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

<searches for camera in kitchen>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

magnumbud wrote: »
    i can see rooney and ando advertising them now :P

ya right...would you let Ando anywhere near free food? recipe for disater IMO, the deal is costing them enough.

Anyway, Ando is far too busy trying to turn those lot from the Valleys into DJs and rappers that he wouldnt have time for more PR work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

ya right...would you let Ando anywhere near free food? recipe for disater IMO, the deal is costing them enough.

Anyway, Ando is far too busy trying to turn those lot from the Valleys into DJs and rappers that he wouldnt have time for more PR work ;)

emmm the reason i picked ando and rooney is because they look like they eat a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

magnumbud wrote: »
    emmm the reason i picked ando and rooney is because they look like they eat a lot.

All professional athletes eat a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

That doesn't mean that they can't eat too much and be fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I just ate 2 snowballs with a cup of tea :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I just ate 2 snowballs with a cup of tea :3

Pft, Lightweight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I have been waiting weeks to fit that in somewhere you d1ck!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Any substance to the story that Lindegaard is injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

zerks wrote: »

He pulled out of the Denmark squad didn't he ? Think its ankle injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Would not be normal week at United without injury scare or two.

• Advertisement

killwill wrote: »
    I have been waiting weeks to fit that in somewhere you d1ck!!!!

:D its uncanny aint it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

zerks wrote: »

Its a very rare occasion that I find myself feeling, not too bad if he is indeed injured.

Odd to be slightly happy one of your teams players has a small injury and may not be able to play for a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

kryogen wrote: »
    Its a very rare occasion that I find myself feeling, not too bad if he is indeed injured.

Odd to be slightly happy one of your teams players has a small injury and may not be able to play for a couple of weeks

I feel the exact same. While I obviously don't want to see Lindegaard injured, it may be exactly what De Gea needs. Knowing that he will play the next 3 or 4 games without being dropped presents him with a massive opportunity and one that I would expect him to take. This is assuming Lindegaard is actually injured...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

:D its uncanny aint it?!

It's ridiculous how alike they are. Their smiles and all are identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

eugeneious wrote: »
    I feel the exact same. While I obviously don't want to see Lindegaard injured, it may be exactly what De Gea needs. Knowing that he will play the next 3 or 4 games without being dropped presents him with a massive opportunity and one that I would expect him to take. This is assuming Lindegaard is actually injured...

Hopefully this is the case. At the turn of the year when De Gea made mistakes against Blackburn it looked like Lindegaard was going to become number 1 but when he got ruled out then through injury it was followed by De Gea's best spell in a United jersey so far.

A repeat of the same could do United and De Gea the world of good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone see the rumour on twitter that there is a Brazilian teenager about to join us? Goes by the name of Bruno Gomes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Anyone see the rumour on twitter that there is a Brazilian teenager about to join us? Goes by the name of Bruno Gomes

Anything to Nuno?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anything to Nuno?

No no, don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Don't we have links to the club he played for, Deportivo Brasil. We seem to have first dibs on their players.

• Advertisement

We were linked with him a while back. He's an article from a month ago.
    Manchester United could complete the transfer of Bruno Gomes from Desportivo Brasil as early as next year, says the player's agent in an interview with Lancenet.

Bruno Gomes came to the attention of club scout John Calvert-Toulmin after the Copa Brasil Votorantim last year and was invited into the club's partnership with Desportivo, having been at Palmeiras.

In this partnership, the English club bring players they have spotted to the São Paulo-based academy side, operated by the Traffic agency, until they are legally old enough to move to Europe.

"We have invested into the Manchester project. Besides, we had a bad experience at Palmeiras where it is very unstable," said Paulo Oliveira, the striker's father. "We lose now to make our way to the front."

Bruno's life has changed since the agreement, with regular English classes, specific training regimes and exchange visits to England - which he has already undertaken twice.

"Our expectation is that we will skip some stages and ultimately move to Manchester next year," said agent Gilmar Rinaldi - who handles the business of Adriano, Danilo (Corinthians) and Fábio Santos amongst others.

Bruno has been preparing for a move to Europe from an early age - ever since the days when his father helped his career by posting videos on Youtube.

"During holidays we always travel abroad," his father said. "We eat local food and are always thinking about adapting to life abroad. Our goal has always been for him to play in a major European city."

As for Bruno himself, his goal is "to be the best in the world", but first he hopes to become top scorer in the São Paulo Under-17 championship (he is currently second) and make the Brazil squad for the Under-17 World Cup next summer.

info_1348246170.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Rafael has an instagram! http://statigr.am/orafa21

He's the most adorable thing EVER! Seems like he is pretty down to earth too.

Mars Bar wrote: »

So he's a hipster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Keno 92 wrote: »
    So he's a hipster?

Nope.

Fabio has one too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

That Gomes fella has been tweeting for ages that he's moving to Manchester soon and can't wait to train with United.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Mars Bar wrote: »

For me this is the best one..

First time in Manchester I never forget. #redsforever
    4adc64ce147611e28fa722000a1fbcea_7.jpg

• Advertisement

This is being reported from quite a few different sources with a fee as low as 12 million (absolutely ridiculous) being suggested.
    Nani is ticked off because he feels Manchester United have failed to deliver a lucrative new £120,000-per-week contract they promised him and wants out of Old Trafford.

His obvious disgruntlement has been noted by the Italian champions Juventus, who will make a bid for him in January that will fall well short of United's £24m evaluation.

With less than two years left on his contract, the Portuguese is in a position where he could decide to play silly buggers with his current employers before leaving on a free.

Source: http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/01/football-transfer-rumours?cat=football&type=article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Another mistake by Hart , but alls forgiven, very quickly . . If DDG does the same this weekend, there will be calls for him to be dropped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Drumpot wrote: »
    Another mistake by Hart , but alls forgiven, very quickly . . If DDG does the same this weekend, there will be calls for him to be dropped!

Ah sure he owned up to it on front of the camera straight after the game. We'll leave him off and just pretend it never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

I don't get it with Hart, I know he doesn't make too many mistakes, but every other England keeper has been hung out to dry when they make a mistake, but it doesn't happen with Hart.

The joys of the English media...

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

John Terry has accepted his fine and ban. He will miss the games against Spurs, us in the league and cup and finally the Swansea game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Macca07 wrote: »
    I don't get it with Hart, I know he doesn't make too many mistakes, but every other England keeper has been hung out to dry when they make a mistake, but it doesn't happen with Hart.

The thing with Hart, I find, and I've said it in here before. He is never too far from dropping a clanger.

Keane said it the other night, there is a fine line between cocky and confident, and Joe Hart is a little too cocky.

Don't get me wrong, great shot stopper, great goalkeeper, but you nearly expect him to make a mistake. (Well I do :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Macca07 wrote: »

Joe Hart is the class clown. He gets away with murder because he's a laugh and people like him.

It helps that he occasionally has amazing performances between the sticks but the English public absolutely love a "Jack the lad" character, as a result it would be PR suicide for a media outlet to have a go at him. What's going to happen is the papers will wait until it's "Ok" to have a pop at Joe, either he has a horror show for England in a major tournament or he does something Terry-esque, then his image fades and they can get the knives out.

Tabloid media. Serious business.

David Gill appointed vice chairman of the FA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Deserves a thread of its own for the conspiracy theorists to go into overdrive :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We are closer then ever to having Howard Webb ref all our matches to the conspiracy theory nut jobs now.

this is going to be brilliant. i can sense the meltdown amongest the bitters on here as soon as we get out next decision for us....

its going to be trolling of epic proportions and we wont even have to say/do anything.

I wonder who will take over from him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Will he have to leave united? I wouldn't think so

Darren Ferguson for the luls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Will he have to leave united? I wouldn't think so

David Dein was vice-chairman of the FA and Arsenal at the same time. I can't imagine Gill will have to leave.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement