Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I can see your point, but I am fed up of the FA make high profile examples of United players.

meh, he deserves it in this instance.

Ferdinand is worse than Beckham ever was with his pimping and whoring of himself in the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Well..

I didn't want to reveal it on here, but Roger...

I AM BEBE

:eek:

NO I AM SPARTACUS BEBE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

cloptrop wrote: »
    But in south america where rio once holidayed choc ice was an affectionate term for a really cool black man .

this shít isn't funny anymore ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Pro. F wrote: »
    Ah, I didn't realise they were so much more lenient with twitter comments rather than spoken word.

Having said that though I'm sure there is someone in the disciplinary committee with the same rationale as Des and will want to make an example of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

The fa will want to show that united get punished same as everyone else.
    Ferdinand was an idiot . He could of meant it in banter . It doesnt matter he should be punished. It should be written into all their contracts that twitter be banned

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Des wrote: »
    The book certainly needs to be thrown at some halfwit for comments on twitter, they should make a high profile example of him.

The manager should just ban them off the thing anyway, it's only use in instances like this is to catch footballers doing "something they shouldn't".

No good ever comes of it. He is only on there to "big up" himself, increase his media presence, well now it's biting him on the arse, good enough for him.

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing players being punished more harshly for the crap that they might say in the media.

I don't think many players would agree to being banned from twitter, or any social media they might choose. It's too much of a good thing for them making money, either directly through sponsorships and endorsements or indirectly by bigging up their profile so leading to more sponsorship and endorsement opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Best photo of Mike Phelan imo.

_47075128_phelan_512.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Felexicon

The fa will want to show that united get punished same as everyone else.
    Ferdinand was an idiot . He could of meant it in banter . It doesnt matter he should be punished. It should be written into all their contracts that twitter be banned
    Absolute bollox. They're not robots, you can't tell them what they can and can't use in regards to social media. Of course, like everyone else they have to be held accountable for for what they say but that doesn't mean they should be banned from using Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Felexicon wrote: »
    Absolute bollox. They're not robots, you can't tell them what they can and can't use in regards to social media. Of course, like everyone else they have to be held accountable for for what they say but that doesn't mean they should be banned from using Twitter.

They should be if they can't be trusted to use the thing in a way that doesn't cause unnecessary hassle for the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Best photo of Mike Phelan imo.

_47075128_phelan_512.jpg

= new desktop background for work

Has there been any news on nani contract. Im starting to think he may be getting sold united just keeping schtum until they sign a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Japan drew 1-1 with Venezuela and Kagawa....missed an open goal :eek:
    Hopefully that's his missed sitter out of the way for the season now!

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/restoftheworld/106563/default.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

The word "banter" should be banned from the English language altogether.
    Sick seeing it used to describe everything that is deemed unacceptable

"ah it's just banter lad, not my fault they take it too serious"

No, it's you being a fúcking idiot.

Sorry, I just seriously detest banter :)

Anyway, I'm surprised Fergie has let Twitter go with the players, especially after Rooney threatening some young lad on it last year, Ravel being, well Ravel on it too while still a United player (got worse when he signed for West Ham) and Rio's comments over the trial (Film of the day Liar Liar shíte) It's sarcasm.

Dopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

banned from twitter
    banned from writing books
    banned from talking to the media
    banned from going out

Its the only way they can be "trusted" to not get themselves in trouble!!

nicklauski wrote: »
    The word "banter" should be banned from the English language altogether.
    Sick seeing it used to describe everything that is deemed unacceptable

"ah it's just banter lad, not my fault they take it too serious"

No, it's you being a fúcking idiot.

Sorry, I just seriously detest banter :)

Anyway, I'm surprised Fergie has let Twitter go with the players, especially after Rooney threatening some young lad on it last year, Ravel being, well Ravel on it too while still a United player (got worse when he signed for WestHam) and Rio's comments over the trial (Film of the day Liar Liar shíte) It's sarcasm.

Dopes.
    Yep the liar liar thing should have been adressed by united straight away . Would have stopped him before choc ice thing.
    I do however think hE is past it. With the twitter though i have also started to really dislike him.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

With the twitter though i have also started to really dislike him

absolutely with you on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Rio is an idiot, he's not the only one, but he's a prominent one with a high profile.

How these 'professionals' can't see how thier own idiotic actions are harming thier own careers is beyond me.

Every single word is going to be scrutinised and analysed to death! These players are fully aware of this.

As a result of Rios actions, there is a chance he could be suspended at a time when our 3 alternative CB's are injured, this is totally ****in irresponsible and detrimental to the whole team. All because he was acting the egotistical muppet on twitter?

My god, if I was Ferguson, Rio's phone would be lodged firmly, somewhere between his rectum and large intestine a long time ago.

Also, someone saying social media can't be banned, when it's starting to affect the team on the pitch and reputation off the pitch, ****in sure there's grounds for social media blackout.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Season starting in less than 3 days.

One semi first team player out (Park) and one first team player in (Kagawa).

Couple of "ones for the future" (e.g. Powell and the Chilean lad) brought in.

No central midfielder of note signed.

No fullbacks signed and Fabio loaned out.

Public chases for expensive signings we don't need.

Scholes and Giggs a year older.

Defensive crisis already.

Sorry, but this summer has not been good for United.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Fenix wrote: »
    Also, someone saying social media can't be banned, when it's starting to affect the team on the pitch and reputation off the pitch, ****in sure there's grounds for social media blackout.

There might be grounds to try but I very much doubt that players would agree to a social media ban. I also doubt - although I'm just guessing here - that players could be sacked or fined for refusing to go along with a social media ban, only dropped from the team.

• Advertisement

Fenix wrote: »
    Rio is an idiot, he's not the only one, but he's a prominent one with a high profile.

How these 'professionals' can't see how thier own idiotic actions are harming thier own careers is beyond me.

Every single word is going to be scrutinised and analysed to death! These players are fully aware of this.

As a result of Rios actions, there is a chance he could be suspended at a time when our 3 alternative CB's are injured, this is totally ****in irresponsible and detrimental to the whole team. All because he was acting the egotistical muppet on twitter?

My god, if I was Ferguson, Rio's phone would be lodged firmly, somewhere between his rectum and large intestine a long time ago.

One of the problems I have with the Twitter thing, and Rio in particular is this.

Say United lose a match and lose badly. If I was a player I would be stewing over something like that for a couple of days at least and I certainly wouldn't have any interest in going on facebook or twitter or whatever. Rio might give it a couple of hours and then he's banging on about his latest poxy 'app'.

It just puts a huge distance between him and the likes of Scholes and Giggs in terms of the player's standing at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Jame Gumb wrote: »
    Season starting in less than 3 days.

One semi first team player out (Park) and one first team player in (Kagawa).

Couple of "ones for the future" (e.g. Powell and the Chilean lad) brought in.

No central midfielder of note signed.

No fullbacks signed and Fabio loaned out.

Public chases for expensive signings we don't need.

Defensive crisis already.

Sorry, but this summer has not been good for United.

Bebe does not agree with your assessment.

bebe-man-utd-trackie_2490097.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Cleverley, Carrick and Young start for England tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Jame Gumb wrote: »
    De Gea, Jones, Rafael, Smalling, Cleverly and Welbeck a year older.
    Vidic is back.
    Not missing Scholes this time.
    Kagawa looking in preseason like he's being playing with Utd a long time and will have loads to offer.
    We're in talks for one of the best strikers in the world.

It's not all bad.
    But in saying that I know what you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Henriquez hasnt signed has he?

He had a medical yesterday but hasn't officially signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lads if this £22 million story for Modric to Madrid is true I'll be pissed, even with an English club 'tax' it still would come in ~£30 million, something I definately think he's worth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

He had a medical yesterday but hasn't officially signed.

They're probably waiting to announce him and RVP together cos we're broke and press conferences are expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Lads if this £22 million story for Modric to Madrid is true I'll be pissed, even with an English club 'tax' it still would come in ~£30 million, something I definately think he's worth

Has it not come down to the fact that he wants to join Real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Adamcp898 wrote: »

Nah forget about it. If Spurs could have sold him to an English club for £30m, they would have done. I doubt they'd take an £8m hit just not to see him sold to a rival.

I think Modric has probably made it clear that he will only join Real Madrid and that has forced Tottenham's hand. I'll still need more sources reporting that fee if I'm going to believe it though. It sounds more like a pathetic opening offer rather than a final fee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Has it not come down to the fact that he wants to join Real?

Yes. He has never stated a desire to join Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I realise we wouldn't be able to contend once Madrid were interested but it's just a bit annoying there wasn't even much to say we had any actual concrete interest in him either at the same time, just kinda makes you wonder are we looking at CM's at all. Same sort of thing with Sahin etc. in that he looks to be moving but we don't even appear to be sniffing.

Well the sahin thing is done according to liverpool forum . Year loan . A few of their reliable twitter people are saying so . Cant link cause phone . But its in liverpool forum . Im a bit disapointed although probqbly would have made us look a bit **** taking their unwanted players on loan .

Sahin is like a 'Turkish Iniesta', according to my Scouse supporting mate :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Well the sahin thing is done according to liverpool forum . Year loan . A few of their reliable twitter people are saying so . Cant link cause phone . But its in liverpool forum . Im a bit disapointed although probqbly would have made us look a bit **** taking their unwanted players on loan .

I wouldn't care how it looks, if he could do a job for us send him on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't think I even ever read a rumour that United were linked with the Sahindeal, so I never even considered it was even an option for us tbh. Don't know why people would be disappointed over something that never even seemed to be on the table...

Disappointed we didnt show even a remote interest in Sahin, hes already had a good partnership with Kagawa, if it was a years loan, it would be fairly low risk with a good chance of a future permanent deal.

Think it's pretty obvious, hes the sort of player most utd fans are crying out for, if we really didn't show any interest, ill take that as a sign Fergie has zero interest in signing that type of player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I can still see Rooney playing cm if RVP signs!!!!

I honestly think Rooney has battling quality for midfield role, has creativity pouring from him etc!!!

RVP wellbeck/Chico??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Sahin to Liverpool is all pool fan talk,we all know the ****e they talk:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I can still see Rooney playing cm if RVP signs!!!!

I honestly think Rooney has battling quality for midfield role, has creativity pouring from him etc!!!

RVP wellbeck/Chico??
    Having witnessed the rare sight of Rooney playing CM in Old Trafford, I thought the same thing for a bit. Then I realised that despite his 'battling' qualities, he only seems intent on playing hollywood balls, coincidently the same thing that made his general play so bad last season.
    He doesn't have the discipline to play in CM, Carrick's ability to stay cool and intercept passes is understated, something which a striker can't pick up very quickly.
    Last season showed that he is wasted in any position other than striker, he bagged goals even when anonymous in games. We are much more likely to see Kagawa dropping into midfield.

I'm not expecting a CM to be signed in this window. We have too many mediocre/old players there already competing for 2 places.

Scholes
    Carrick
    Giggs
    Anderson
    Cleverley
    Jones
    Kagawa(it's possible)
    Powell
    Fletcher?
    (the manager sees Lingard and Petrucci as potential first team players too)

Next season Scholes and Giggs will probably have retired(Fletcher following them remains a possibility). It is then that we will see a midfielder being signed.

One-time United target Javi Martinez has signed for Bayern for 40million.
    Didn't expect him to go for that much but United's loss is Bayern's gain IMO. Super player.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2012-08-15/bayern-munich-sign-javi-martinez/

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein
    J. Martinez to Bayern is done, according to Bild. Athletic will get €40m for him

I apologise for posting tweets at all, but i think this one has been on the cards for a while now.

If it comes to fruition, Bayern would have a seriously good midfield, also signed Manzukic(sp) who had a good Euro's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

Carrick, Young and Cleverley all starting for England against Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

I know Anderson has a lot of critics around here (I fully understand why with all the injuries) but I think hes been one of our best players in pre season. I havnt been following every minute of every match but from what Ive seen I would happily take him starting for the season. Always had a soft spot for him.
    If he does get a full season under his belt I really think we will have a great CM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

One-time United target Javi Martinez has signed for Bayern for 40million.
    Didn't expect him to go for that much but United's loss is Bayern's gain IMO. Super player.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2012-08-15/bayern-munich-sign-javi-martinez/

Great signing and suprised Manutd never made attempts to sign him, a perfect replacement for Scholes, has everything IMO but City were seriously interested but he wasn't interested. I can't say its a loss since we never made any attempts or bids. Bayern will have have great midfield now adding Martinez to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

a midfield with clev,- scholes - giggs- anderson- a sick fletcher , will not win a league, simple as that, carrick does ok protecting the back 4, and clev will improve, the other 4, well 2 are to old , and 2 are injury prone, we can all paint it what ever way we want, we needed a tiote-song type player, and a modric, we got none so far,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

United agree van Persie deal

Manchester United is pleased to announce it has reached agreement with Arsenal Football Club for the transfer of Robin Van Persie.

The deal is subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms. A further announcement will be made in due course.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Aug/manchester-united-agree-deal-for-robin-van-persie.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    United agree van Persie deal

Manchester United is pleased to announce it has reached agreement with Arsenal Football Club for the transfer of Robin Van Persie.

The deal is subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms. A further announcement will be made in due course.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Aug/manchester-united-agree-deal-for-robin-van-persie.aspx
    south-park-i-just-came-500x375.jpg

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
    Breaking: Man Utd agree deal to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal

!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

a midfield with clev,- scholes - giggs- anderson- a sick fletcher , will not win a league, simple as that, carrick does ok protecting the back 4, and clev will improve, the other 4, well 2 are to old , and 2 are injury prone, we can all paint it what ever way we want, we needed a tiote-song type player, and a modric, we got none so far,

Carrick has his faults like many others but he does a good job and he's not going anywhere anytime soon. He's an ever present the last few season's. Not my favourite and i agree with ProF on views.

This is big season for Cleverley and i think that's one reason we haven't seen Fergie go out and try sign or replace Scholes just yet. I think he wants to give him a chance and if he signs someone that will just limit his apperances this season.

BREAKING ON SSN: Manu and Arsenal agree terms of RVP.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement