Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do for kids before school

Options
  • 14-08-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Just need advice on what can we do as a family for a whole day out before the kids go back to school in sligo or surrounding counties
    Kids ages are 5 and 7 and maybe something a 8mth old could be involved in also ( so climbing knocknarea is outta the question )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Eagles Flying. Even the 8 month old can look at the animals.
    South Sligo Stables for the other too as well. A lovely family run place that have leisurly treks.....you don't need to know how to ride.
    Hazelwood....feed the ducks and swans.
    Mullaghmore...lovely scenery.

Not Sligo but the Forest Park in Boyle. A great day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sebastianne

I don't know if farms and animals are your/their thing but Woodmartins farm on Woodville road is (or used to be) open to visitors. 9162741 is the number.

What has recently re-opened is that Lilliput/Gulliver place past Coolaney. (Basically an English couple run a sort of garden with miniature houses and such). That might be fun for kids?

Maybe MagnumLady has the correct name for it. I can't find a phone number but they probably have an ad in the local papers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Check out heritage week. It has alot of free events in all the counties. Theres the likes of the whale and dolphin watch which should be good and eagles flying is in there too.
    http://www.heritageweek.ie/index.php/whats-on/event-search

I don't know if farms and animals are your/their thing but Woodmartins farm on Woodville road is (or used to be) open to visitors. 9162741 is the number.

What has recently re-opened is that Lilliput/Gulliver place past Coolaney. (Basically an English couple run a sort of garden with miniature houses and such). That might be fun for kids?

Maybe MagnumLady has the correct name for it. I can't find a phone number but they probably have an ad in the local papers.

Woodville Farm is only open to school groups as far as I know. There is Tullyboy Farm in Boyle.

Gullivers is the place with the statues....I haven't heard great reports but I haven't been so can't comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 duckie80

thanks for yer replies,
    eagles flying is definly something we are going to do but wouldn feel it be a full day out but maybe go to gullivers after not far apart..
    thanks for the tips

duckie80 wrote: »
    thanks for yer replies,
    eagles flying is definly something we are going to do but wouldn feel it be a full day out but maybe go to gullivers after not far apart..
    thanks for the tips

If you are going to the Eagles at the weekend. The Sathya Sai donkey sanctuary in Castlebaldwin is open. Well worth a visit so that would make a day for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

duckie80 wrote: »
    Just need advice on what can we do as a family for a whole day out before the kids go back to school in sligo or surrounding counties
    Kids ages are 5 and 7 and maybe something a 8mth old could be involved in also ( so climbing knocknarea is outta the question )

You should try Waterworld in Bundoran, they sell family passes for up to 3hr sessions, there is a paddling pool for the 'smallies'. best of luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 duckie80

well we went to eagles flying yesterday...OMG wat a amazing place and so well ran.
    They put on a great show and its a place i wanted to go back to next week again.
    came back to coolooney and had a picnic at the playground.
    Thanks guys for the great tips, goin to go to westport house next week for a full day out

Advertisement