Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me find a new phone for internet gambling

Options
  • 14-08-2012 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

My old Sony Ericsson died today and Carphone Warehouse don't stock any replacement batteries so I've decided to upgrade to a smartphone. Please help me choose?

1. What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth)
    A good camera would be nice. Music or radio not important, I have an ipod for music. I'd mainly want to use it for betting on the move so good internet connectivity to major betting sites - Ladbrokes, Will Hill, Paddy Power, Betfair etc. and I'd hopefully be using free wifi most of the time.

2. Form factor - i.e. touchscreen, slider, flip phone, etc.
    No preferences here.

3. Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE
    Yes, see above.

4. Operator - have you an operator preference
    No preferences here.

5. Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free - have you a preference for either
    Would prefer pre-pay.

6. Price range
    €200 would be about top of the budget, but could stretch a little more.

I've been looking at either a Nokia Lumia 610, a HTC Desire C or a Sony Xperia U. Which of those do you think would be best for my needs? Or, indeed, any others I may have overlooked?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Lumia 610 is only 150 on Meteor/eMobile. Pretty decent phone.

Id consider Xperia U to be better cause it has a nicer screen and faster processor, better camera too If you can stretch your wallet.

Id avoid the Desire C. Its nice and nippy in the start but after you install a couple of apps and load up the memory it slow downs a lot.

All networks have different pricing for all of these so its really up to you where you want to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bjmeag

++ posted edit by mod
    please use www.adverts.ie for personal selling
    pm me if any issues

random
    ++

Advertisement