Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arnova ChildPad??

• 14-08-2012 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

So I know this is ridiculously early, but Im considering buying an Arnova ChildPad for my 7 year old for Christmas, but Im just not very technical myself and Im not quite sure how it differs from any other tablet-type device. Theres not a whole lot of information online about it - can anyone tell me is worth buying? Is it appropriate for a 7 year old?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Salanne

ShinyHappy wrote: »
    So I know this is ridiculously early, but Im considering buying an Arnova ChildPad for my 7 year old for Christmas, but Im just not very technical myself and Im not quite sure how it differs from any other tablet-type device. Theres not a whole lot of information online about it - can anyone tell me is worth buying? Is it appropriate for a 7 year old?
    Hi shiny , I bought 1 and yea things were going ok until the charger packed up . Brought it back to the store in which tk god it was within the 28days of purchase . When we got the new one it kept asking to be recalabrated all the time and the little thing on the screen kept hoping around it then got stuck in the corner and well we leaned on it the screen cracked ...., got back onto store which told me I Wud hav to get onto uk ... With no luck on getting it fixed they offered me 25% off a new one . I was then in a different store and asked the assistant had he many people back with them and he said Yes and he wudnt recommend buying another one ... So here it goes we may save up for an iPad for them now . Hope this helps and don't waste your hard earned money on this product very disappointed .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ShinyHappy

Thank you so much for that Salanne, thats really helpful, definitely be rethinking that now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭branners69

My six year old has one and she loves it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ShinyHappy

branners69 wrote: »
    My six year old has one and she loves it!!!
    Really, and you have had no trouble with it? Can u browse the internet with it and just not access sites that have a certain age content or is it just apps that can be downloaded?

ShinyHappy wrote: »
    Really, and you have had no trouble with it? Can u browse the internet with it and just not access sites that have a certain age content or is it just apps that can be downloaded?

No problems so far. I install the games with her from the library and check they are okay. Some dont run, other than that I turn the wifi off so she has no web access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭clint123

I've bought one of these recently aswell for an xmas gift, and I took it out to mess around to make sure it was ok, and have to say I loved it. very easy to use, browse the net, play games, thousands of free app's on it for kids to download and play. of course there are other apps you can pay for but a parent must register for these, I would recommend that you purchase a micro sd card ( ebay for about €10 ).. as the memory on the childpad is small, so buy an 8gb or 16gb online. which will store hundreds of songs, photos for your child,
    if you have any other questions , let me know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Hi, can movies be played on the pad, also what the screen resolution like? Thanks.

Doom wrote: »
    Hi, can movies be played on the pad, also what the screen resolution like? Thanks.

The screen resolution is only 800 x 480 pixel so dont expect an iPad screen, but for kids it is grand.

I recently changed the firmware and it has completely changed the Childpad, it is much faster, has more storage space available and has access to Google Play!

The screen resolution is only 800 x 480 pixel so dont expect an iPad screen, but for kids it is grand.

I recently changed the firmware and it has completely changed the Childpad, it is much faster, has more storage space available and has access to Google Play!

Thanks, what firmware did you use, could that mess up your warranty?

Google firmware for Childpad, I have a stock firmware which I can put back on so Warranty should be fine!

• Advertisement

Google firmware for Childpad, I have a stock firmware which I can put back on so Warranty should be fine!

Cool, can you tell me how you did this, I'm going to get one of this for my 7yrs old, thanks.

Cool, can you tell me how you did this, I'm going to get one of this for my 7yrs old, thanks.

I am not allowed on such threads to discuss how to do it, as I say you will find all you need on Google. It was very easy to do and well worth it!!

I am not allowed on such threads to discuss how to do it, as I say you will find all you need on Google. It was very easy to do and well worth it!!

Thanks for all the info, just one last question, where you you buy it, please pm if you cannot name it here.

Thanks for all the info, just one last question, where you you buy it, please pm if you cannot name it here.

No problem telling you that! I bought it in Power City, Coolock for €110!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭b.e.s.s.

Hi, Can anyone help?
    I got the arnova child pad for my son. But for whatever reason it won't play browsed videos in widescreen mode. And what app should I use to download the videos? As I tried to use Video Downloader but it keep saying: PROTOCOL NOT FOUND:45. Thank you

I know the feeling. I am trying to find a sours of tech support, as there is few issues with me using it( partly due to my little knowledge in it). Its fun for a kids, but you need to consider spending another €25 for a memory card(sd) if you wish to download videos. But before that I hope someone will help finding the proper app to download videos. Other than that its a little window into the big internet world with the ability of controlling the content your child will watch. Witch is very handy.

Hi can you tell me which app should I use to download the videos? thank you

Advertisement