Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Cert Results 15th August .... !

• 14-08-2012 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Okay, well I'm really hoping son does well ... he hated school, barely went for best part of two years, but then, after years of his mother's torment (mine) he went back (school were great too, have to say) and he did it, the Leaving Cert. I'm crossing everything here tonight, am sure there's others out there in same boat ..... am proud of him regardless:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Good Luck. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

and if his results are bad, you can always kick him in the face :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

The key thing is getting pissed that night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Cant wait till tomorrow night, yuss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

drunk leaving cert girls, tomorrow should be good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Real Life wrote: »
    drunk leaving cert girls, tomorrow should be good
    Not for everyone :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Best of luck to everyone getting their results tomorrow.
    It's been a long 7 years since I did mine. :eek:
    I still have no idea what i want to do:mad::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Best of luck everyone! :)
    It's such a hard and unfair exam, glad I did well in mine cos you're basically screwed if you don't but hard work always pays off
    Enjoy the drinkies tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

16 years since I got mine, Oasis were in the middle of a 2 night gig in Cork, I nearly failed 2 subjects (I blame Euro '96) but I got enough points to do whaty I wanted and the rest, as they say, is History :D

Good luck to all the result getters tomorrow......in getting into a pub tomorrow night :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Eden3 wrote: »
    Okay, well I'm really hoping son does well ... he hated school, barely went for best part of two years, but then, after years of his mother's torment (mine) he went back (school were great too, have to say) and he did it, the Leaving Cert. I'm crossing everything here tonight, am sure there's others out there in same boat ..... am proud of him regardless:)

Best of luck to him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Good luck to him! I'm getting mine tomorrow as well, can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

When do the repeats start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

kfallon wrote: »
    16 years since I got mine, Oasis were in the middle of a 2 night gig in Cork, I nearly failed 2 subjects (I blame Euro '96) but I got enough points to do whaty I wanted and the rest, as they say, is History :D

Good luck to all the result getters tomorrow......in getting into a pub tomorrow night :pac:

I always imagined you as being in your late teens when reading your posts. Not an insult btw, your posts are usually funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

robman60 wrote: »
    I always imagined you as being in your late teens when reading your posts. Not an insult btw, your posts are usually funny.

Teenagers are rarely funny to anyone else but themselves.

robman60 wrote: »

I take that as an insult :mad:

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

if your friend has long hair and there puking hold it up for them nothing worse then waking up in th emorning with matted puked on hair :pac:

good luck have a blast :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Best of luck everyone! :)
    It's such a hard and unfair exam, glad I did well in mine cos you're basically screwed if you don't but hard work always pays off
    Enjoy the drinkies tomorrow night

That's exactly what I need to hear tonight :( :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Mine are out Thursday. Absolutely shitting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

That's exactly what I need to hear tonight :( :pac:

You're not, don't worry! Some people aren't suited to school because of the way they learn, not necessarily a learning disability but more the style in which they are best suited to learning with and contrast with the teaching style given to them by the school.

If you're lazy you'll get nowhere, but there are genuine reasons for people not being suited to school. They can still be very successful(like me)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Reading this makes me want to get my ass back drinking again. It's coming up to that time when I have to make a **** load of decisions I have no clue about.

shopaholic1, I'll take you up on that thread offer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's been a long 7 years since I did mine. :eek:
    I still have no idea what i want to do:mad::rolleyes:

It doesn't get easier in my experience.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I almost kind of wish I was back waiting for my results last year. It was nerve-wracking and a bit nauseating but at least it was exciting and something to look forward to. Looking back, the time between getting my results and starting college was one of the highlights of last year.

Anyway, good luck to any one waiting on results. You'll get what you deserve and if you've worked hard you'll get what you deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

i cannot be the only person who sees irony in that post somewhere :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Leaving cert...not even on my C.V now. I think it's only purpose is to get points for university.

But, good luck to the students anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Funnily enough, I mod LC so spend a fair bit of time around them, and I'd be far more likely to make that comment about certain posters in AH!!

(And given that no matter how I phrase it that looks like a veiled dig at you, starbelgrade, I'm hereby clarifying that it isn't! :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Oi! My mom thinks I'm hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Are there more resident adults or teenagers actively posting in After Hours actually, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Load of bollix. The leaving cert is an important exam alright, but in the grand scheme of your life, its nothing.

My grandfather said this to me before I done the Junior, "Son, go in there, do your best and then forget all about it and enjoy your summer. The exams you need to be stressing about are the ones when you go into the doctors and need to undergo a test after a health scare."

Good luck to all those receiving their results tomorrow and remember, if you don't get the results who hoped for, that you have plenty of options. Time is on your side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

IrishAm wrote: »
    Load of bollix. The leaving cert is an important exam alright, but in the grand scheme of your life, its nothing.

My grandfather said this to me before I done the Junior, "Son, go in there, do your best and then forget all about it and enjoy your summer. The exams you need to be stressing about are the ones when you go into the doctors and need to undergo a test after a health scare."

Good luck to all those receiving their results tomorrow and remember, if you don't get the results who hoped for, that you have plenty of options. Time is on your side.

Very good advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Funnily enough, I mod LC so spend a fair bit of time around them, and I'd be far more likely to make that comment about certain posters in AH!!

(And given that no matter how I phrase it that looks like a veiled dig at you, starbelgrade, I'm hereby clarifying that it isn't! :P)

Randy has always got our backs :D You're a great mod :)

Getting the results tomorrow myself, my nerves are shot :( Good luck to anyone else here floating around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

I seem to be one of the only people who's not nervous about getting them! & that's not 'cause I'm convinced I did so well, 'cause in fairness I know I didn't do overly well considering I only studied the night before each exam, but the reason I'm not nervous is 'cause I know that no matter what I get, it's not gonna affect my life much. If you do a bad LC, there's plenty other options. I hate this attitude so many people have that ''oh if you don't do well in your LC, you're f*cked. That's it, you'll amount to nothing'' etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Take that back, I'm really funny :(

What's brown and sticky? A stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I mod LC

You'll be busy this week, so!

So c'mon, where are all our Leaving Certers with their results?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Passed everything and done much better than I expected! Don't think I got enough points for my first choice but I don't care as long as I get something! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I got eleventy hundred points (since I done my leaving cert 26 years ago i'm factoring in currentcy change, interest and the economic bailout).

I'm going to get drunk tonight anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Got my results 14 years ago, wouldn't go through it all again if I was paid.

Good luck to everyone getting their results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

435 points for me who needed and was barely expecting 355. Much love to you all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I got a paltry 270 points, still made it to college and studied 2 different topics (Media & IT Systems) where I had loads of good jobs in those fields. Now I have a great IT job and enjoy doing it.

I know loads of people who went to college after getting good points, did their 4+ years and now work in jobs that have nothing to do with what they studied :pac:

And then the ones who didn't go to college after school / didn't get big points in the LC / did LC Applied / etc, are now going to college doing good but tough courses as mature students.

All that hype for LC but once you hit 23, it doesn't mean jack shìt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

One my best friends got 90 points in his leaving. He is now qualified Accountant, and bar one other friend is doing as good, if not better then the rest of us.

Yes its nice to get good leaving and gives you better and easier way to achieve and get what you want. But, it is not the end of the world. For minority it can be best thing that happens to you in long run as sometimes at yer age you need to get wake up call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

One mouth in college you will forget all about the LC. I got an exam recheck (the idiot forgot to add in 80 marks) and when I got it back I just didn't care anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I seem to be one of the only people who's not nervous about getting them! & that's not 'cause I'm convinced I did so well, 'cause in fairness I know I didn't do overly well considering I only studied the night before each exam, but the reason I'm not nervous is 'cause I know that no matter what I get, it's not gonna affect my life much. If you do a bad LC, there's plenty other options. I hate this attitude so many people have that ''oh if you don't do well in your LC, you're f*cked. That's it, you'll amount to nothing'' etc..

Your dead right. The leaving isnt a measure of intelligence, just memory. As Irish am said you have plenty of options as time is on your side. Plenty have people have went to to do phds without a leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

three fiddy

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

I've just realised I got my LC results HALF MY LIFE AGO! Still remember the moment like it was yesterday. Don't remember the evening so well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

racso1975 wrote: »
    three fiddy

Why oh why? That ship has sailed..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

What time tonight should I go cruising to pick up a lucky lady with lowered inhibitions ?.
    I'll give them 500 points anytime, Oooooo Yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Jester252 wrote: »
    One mouth in college you will forget all about the LC.
    True in more ways than you originally intended, I suspect! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

Interesting replies to my original post ... thanks:).

Well HE DID IT ... passed EVERYTHING + got Leaving Cert ..... am so pleased for him!

When I think how hard it was over last two years - he just wouldn't go to school at all! Did so little study for the exams, and managed to pass them all!

Told him it goes to show how clever he is + definitely takes after his MUM:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Fair play, great news.

• Advertisement
Advertisement