Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do Kids make us miserable

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭dchris

eth0 wrote: »
    Probably comes out of the same factory in China as the rest of them and made with the same material. Not a bit convinced at all, the structure of them doesnt seem like it would just give way in a crash

The fighting with toenails forum is located somewhere else love...
    >

Probably comes out of the same factory in China as the rest of them and made with the same material. Not a bit convinced at all, the structure of them doesnt seem like it would just give way in a crash

You should start your own Thread about how much you hate current child security measures in cars.. It is very easy to do babe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

dchris wrote: »
    You should start your own Thread about how much you hate current child security measures in cars.. It is very easy to do babe

Hate to see people getting ripped off buying some lump of plastic convinced its actually better. I reckon for the very expensive ones its just something to boast about at the school car park

Hate to see people getting ripped off buying some lump of plastic convinced its actually better. I reckon for the very expensive ones its just something to boast about at the school car park

What has this to do with OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Uber-angst powers away! OP=

Get used to it. Everyone else: You cannot reasonably compare your childhood to that of my generation. Its simply different times. My Dad is 27 years older than me. We had completely different childhoods. He grew up in Drimnagh during the 70's, had a real job at a hotel luandry at 14 and has worked since (he's now a senior computer programmer). I've grown up in the cork countryside in the boom years, never worked a day in my life due to the recession and rampant nepotism and hope to get a masters in science.
    The funny thing is, I've turned out nearly exactly like him, maybe a bit more näive. So no, childhood during this period ISN'T the issue. I would look more towards the parents responsibility towards their kids. Sitting in front of the TV isn't a childhood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I think poor parenting can make parents miserable, Parenting takes work...

Im not a parent but I'm a pretty active uncle I do stuff with my nephew Ive got a good bond and he's only 2 ( well nearly) ...
    I spend on average 1 week with him a month.. As far as Im concerned he actually shigns some light he laughs he says please he ask whats for dinner when i cook it he walks every were with me and we have a laugh hang out eat ice cream run around...

(while most people would say wait till hes a teen ) I honestly cant see him being a little **** or spoiled I think spoiled kids are board kids. Its a fact and its from nothing but poor parenting. Kid need stimulation and activities they need to be kept busy. Once that there out like a light at 8....

But any one who says kids are make them miserable has had a damm ****ty experience when it come to kids...
    I really feel sorry for you... As for me I honestly don't know whats going to be happening next years so I dunno if ill ever be a dad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

No kids do not make you miserable. You are already miserable yourself. I would think the majority of people who don't have kids end up regretting it when their partner dies and they are left a lone on this planet during the most miserable difficult years of their lives

Snowie wrote: »
    I think poor parenting can make parents miserable, Parenting takes work...

Im not a parent but I'm a pretty active uncle I do stuff with my nephew Ive got a good bond and he's only 2 ( well nearly) ...
    I spend on average 1 week with him a month.. As far as Im concerned he actually shigns some light he laughs he says please he ask whats for dinner when i cook it he walks every were with me and we have a laugh hang out eat ice cream run around...

(while most people would say wait till hes a teen ) I honestly cant see him being a little **** or spoiled I think spoiled kids are board kids. Its a fact and its from nothing but poor parenting. Kid need stimulation and activities they need to be kept busy. Once that there out like a light at 8....

But any one who says kids are make them miserable has had a damm ****ty experience when it come to kids...
    I really feel sorry for you... As for me I honestly don't know whats going to be happening next years so I dunno if ill ever be a dad.

I think I am in the same situation to you.

I have 5 nephews and 4 nieces. I love them more than anyone can imagine. Sometimes some of them teach me things. But the ones that come visit me..they come with their PS3 and Ipods. That is what I have a prob with.

Raising a kid should be about teaching them to love music, encourage them at sport, and loving the everything else about them..

But no, we get brats that want wifi connections, Sport is taboo, and music comes from their Ipod

i don't want this to run on. I need to go. But also, it isn't worth it. Please make a good thread out of the subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

It's the adults that make me miserable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I think I am in the same situation to you.

I have 5 nephews and 4 nieces. I love them more than anyone can imagine. Sometimes some of them teach me things. But the ones that come visit me..they come with their PS3 and Ipods. That is what I have a prob with.

Raising a kid should be about teaching them to love music, encourage them at sport, and loving the everything else about them..

But no, we get brats that want wifi connections, Sport is taboo, and music comes from their Ipod

But sure wasnt it the same when we had walk mans or diskmans or gameboys atari linyx or game gears people said the same.. I think its down to parenting in away.. Besides how many parents even control the volume of the kids i pods, wifi? or even manger there modem and how well its protected?

O that will keep them quite... Yep but itle make your life difficult theres a fine line... I think sport is the rue answer completely disciplined in the motivated sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Most of us are in our twenties here, right? Ergo,we need a baby boom and then for them to have a baby boom, so as to help pay our pensions.

Ride for Ireland. Give birth to a soccer team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,219 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

People in Ireland need to cheer up a bit.
    NO THEY DON'T.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

This isn't the 50s, you can raise children with more than just the very basics, without spoiling them. I bet there aren't as many spoilt children/incompetent parents as people think. And I bet it's been said about every generation.
    Most kids won't eat something that isn't in bread crumbs and deep fried or over cooked. When I was growing , that food didn't exist
    It did. I was born in '78 and it certainly dis exist when I was a kid - if anything, there was less nutritional awareness and lots of processed quick meals. We were fed lots of fish fingers, crispy pancakes, stodgy pastries.
    I doubt it somehow! But thanks
    You doubt that person could possibly have been in a teen in '84? You're not the old fogey you think you are at all!
    Wompa1 wrote: »
    I would think the majority of people who don't have kids end up regretting it when their partner dies and they are left a lone on this planet during the most miserable difficult years of their lives
    Shyte reason to have kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just today my cousin's one year old learned how to play hide and seek with us, after months of being truly puzzled by where exactly we went when we covered our faces in our hands. Of course, he chose the one time when his granny was feeding him to display his new talent. It was thoroughly entertaining. So in my experience, no kids don't make us miserable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

When I was growing , that food didn't exist, so I tried meat, veg, spuds, etc.. Nowadays I incorporate even a more varied diet into my every day that were not readily available when I was a kid. I a healthy now.

I'm sorry but that statement is rubbish.:rolleyes: I'm almost a decade older than you and yes, deep fried, breadcrumbed and fast food was very much around - before you were you born in fact OP.:cool: Honestly from your first post you'd think you lived through the great depression of the 1930s.

But I do also agree that kids today are mollycoddled too much by paranoid and over-protective parents. What annoys me is children being individualy ferried via a fuel guzzling SUV to school. What happened to walking, cycling or the bus?:confused:

Advertisement