Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic

Options
  • 15-08-2012 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Any other OMAC members on here going to Electric Picnic in 2 weeks time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Topper7

Supposed to be but havent really heard much about it? What units are covering it, what numbers are they looking for etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Topper7 wrote: »
    Supposed to be but havent really heard much about it? What units are covering it, what numbers are they looking for etc?

Ask your OiC he should fill you in on all the operational details

miju wrote: »
    Ask your OiC he should fill you in on all the operational details

Thats the problem, they arent, asked around a few other units & details are still sketchy... But sure it will all get ironed out next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Most of Region 10 would be there I would imagine given that it's their area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

not a chance, im done with regional events and all the bull/ politics that goes with it. will gladly do a local duty that weekend.

not a chance, im done with regional events and all the bull/ politics that goes with it. will gladly do a local duty that weekend.

Never got the impression that they were that bad. Of course the local unit gets first shout at places but most units round the country get to send a few heads.

There was lads from Armagh there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

mousehouse wrote: »
    Any other OMAC members on here going to Electric Picnic in 2 weeks time.

Wish i was but unfortunately not

how come?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

I'll be there, I think. Still waiting to hear what shift(s).

Do we go down each day then home after the shift, or stay there? Someone mentioned a staff campsite. Asked Duty Officer but he's not sure either.

• Advertisement

details were finalised earlier today, info going to OCs tomorrow

There is camping in the staff campsite we were told.

Are portlaoise not puttin up cots in their HQ for crews that have to travel??? Havent heard a thing from OIC? Suppose will hear more at meetings during the week

Topper7 wrote: »
    Are portlaoise not puttin up cots in their HQ for crews that have to travel??? Havent heard a thing from OIC? Suppose will hear more at meetings during the week

We had use of the rugby club last year, I don't think we have it this year. The only definite is the staff campsite. Suppose it saves on fuel and having shuttles between stradbally and portlaoise.

We'll hear more during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Murdock123

Havent heard alot about it, hope to get down one/two of the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

miju wrote: »
    how come?

Have to work unfortunately, couldnt get the time off.
    Ah sure maybe next year

BX 19 wrote: »
    We had use of the rugby club last year, I don't think we have it this year. The only definite is the staff campsite. Suppose it saves on fuel and having shuttles between stradbally and portlaoise.

We'll hear more during the week

Got a call last night saying there is limited accomdation available in Portlaoise HQ, so I think thats where Im down to kip. But ya Ive heard about the staff campsite as well. Anyone know what time we are gonna be on site from on friday? Think Im doing the evening shifts??? But sure then again all this is subject to change...

Enjoy the weekend everybody :D

Good luck all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Does anybody know the total number of people treated over the 4 days? or the total number admitted to the medical tent.

• Advertisement

yes I do, but thats most definitely not for posting on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭bill buchanan

I think code blue put up average ages and age ranges on their facebook page recently if that helps.

Advertisement