Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13 MOD POST #232

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Not really confident though I'll go 1-1.

Walcott to score in the 5 minute, hazard to score in the 90th min.

That or 5 nil chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Think we will win today first time this season I have been confident going into a big game
    Walcott to get 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Lose today and we're 11 off 3rd and 6 off 4th, could really do with at least a point today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Wenger off to PSG in a £30mill deal according to the Sunday rags!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think we can get a result today. Against Swansea I felt that our full-backs played well for the first time in awhile. If we are to win then the team, especially our centre-backs, must focus fully and remain alert (unlike against City). We have the players in midfield to trouble any team when on song and Diaby should be now fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wenger off to PSG in a £30mill deal according to the Sunday rags!
    Pure bull, sure it says they are swapping managers with us so taking ours and appoint Ancelotti as his replacement, so nice of them. Pure rag sh*t how people read it is beyond me

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was optimistic before the city game too, but the red card really screwed that match imo. I reckon we can get a result today, in the second half against city and the game during the week the team showed a lot of fight and passion which has been absent for most of the season. Here's hoping at least.

Confirmed by Rennes that M'Vila will leave the club tomorrow would love it to be us that is signing him but highly doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Confirmed by Rennes that M'Vila will leave the club tomorrow would love it to be us that is signing him but highly doubt it.

Pretty sure it's QPR (or Spurs possibly) at this stage.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's QPR (or Spurs possibly) at this stage.

Yeh seems to be the case alright, hope its not Spurs at least.

I'd like to see a line up of:

Chesney

Sagna Mert Verm Gibbs

Coq Diaby
    Jack

Theo Cazorla
    Giroud

Got my first wish anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

That's our best team I think. Maybe Pod up top instead of Giroud as an alternative.

It's very well balanced having Diaby and Coq behind Wilshere and Cazorla's trickery out the wing.

HazDanz wrote: »
    That's our best team I think. Maybe Pod up top instead of Giroud as an alternative.

It's very well balanced having Diaby and Coq behind Wilshere and Cazorla's trickery out the wing.

Definitely. Arguable about Pod. But i like the look of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Dont ya just love Jack Wilshere. Was watching interview on sky there and the guys an Arsenal legend already at 21. I just hope the club doesnt let him down in the next few years by a lack of ambition and spending money on players to improve the team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

hard to watch this 2-0 down in 15 minutes we look like children out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Men against boys Chelsea strolling to a win. Get sagna out in the transfer window he doesn't give a ****

Depressing stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Nothing new there so

Easy cop out for sagna he doesn't wanna be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

This is pi55ing me off no end. Sagna looks like he's given up. Never thought id see the day. Depressed with this sh1t.
    Wenger needs to buy at least two players in the next ten days.

Roddy23 wrote: »
    This is pi55ing me off no end. Sagna looks like he's given up. Never thought id see the day. Depressed with this sh1t.
    Wenger needs to buy at least two players in the next ten days.
    2 ??? Looks like we need about 10 !!! Noway should we have diaby and coq in the center

Does Walcott know the offside rule???
    Get santi off the wing and in where he does damage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

This is very hard to watch. The same obvious problems are there. Cant retain possesion, look clueless going forward and theres no fight or passion being shown by anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

what's happened to sagna? he just doesnt give a damn anymore. Wenger HAS to be able to see that, Jenks deserves the RB slot.

Im hoping there getting read the riot act now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Ilove sagna but I'd get Jenks on at HT. He's an Arsenal man, he'd actually care. Woeful performance

If Sagna can't get up for a game against Chelsea, then we're better off without him. Such a pity its come to this, he was a player i thought i'd never say that about. Always gave 100%

Walcott and sagna should have their wages put into 1 pound coins and put into bags and beaten out if the emirates with it!!!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Sagna a coward and disgrace to shirt. Sums this team under Wenger up.

His mind is elsewhere it seems, pathetic get Jenkinson on.

DB10 wrote: »
    Sagna a coward and disgrace to shirt. Sums this team under Wenger up.

His mind is elsewhere it seems, pathetic get Jenkinson on.
    Honestly mate be disappointed with the performance but calling a lad that broke two legs in 'the shirt' is hardly deserving of being labelled a coward. He has lost pace and form but he's no coward. Ridiculous statement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Soups123 wrote: »
    Honestly mate be disappointed with the performance but calling a lad that broke two legs in 'the shirt' is hardly deserving of being labelled a coward. He has lost pace and form but he's no coward. Ridiculous statement

HE gave it all for the club for years, but it certainly appears that them years of seeing all of him are well gone. He turns up collects a check and leaves these days. Breaking legs in the past has no bearing on what he is now.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

His "injury" during the match where he throw himself to the ground and left his team mates vulnerable to conceding again proved it for me. He was barely touched and he didnt care that the referee didnt blow, he just wanted a lie down.
    He doesnt fancy it today, hes a ****ing disgrace for that first half.

Quazzie wrote: »

HE gave it all for the club for years, but it certainly appears that them years of seeing all of him are well gone. He turns up collects a check and leaves these days. Breaking legs in the past has no bearing on what he is now.
    I wasn't defending his form but he ain't no coward not in all the years I've watched him

DB10 wrote: »

His "injury" during the match where he throw himself to the ground and left his team mates vulnerable to conceding again proved it for me. He was barely touched and he didnt care that the referee didnt blow, he just wanted a lie down.
    He doesnt fancy it today, hes a ****ing disgrace for that first half.
    I agree he is **** form today and that it was a studied decision to go down whilst the ball was in his control but calling him a coward is stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I wasn't defending his form but he ain't no coward not in all the years I've watched him

Coward might be the right word, but he doesn't give it all for the club like he used, so maybe uncommitted is a better word, and one you might agree with more, and I think although we might phrase it differently the fact he doesn't apply himself to the task anymore is evident for all to see.

Quazzie wrote: »

Coward might be the right word, but he doesn't give it all for the club like he used, so maybe uncommitted is a better word, and one you might agree with more, and I think although we might phrase it differently the fact he doesn't apply himself to the task anymore is evident for all to see.
    I don't think it's a lack of trying he has lost a bit and is struggling. I have criticized his form but that doesn't make him a coward

Can Arshavin become a forgotten hero here :)

Edit: oops wrong thread meant to put this in the match thread.

Why wait til the second half that's all I'd ask.

Corners looked dangerous the minute Walcott replaced, shame its taken so long

3 home games coming up has to be 9 pts or 4th is gone

Ramsey did well again off the bench for now that's his best use

Balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Fairly shafted by decisions today, not impressed.

Too little too late as usual... We decide to start playing when we have nothing to lose... Need united to do us a favour today to be in with a chance of fourth.... IF we win our game in hand against west ham

Today was pretty much must win anyway but really need united to do us a favour now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well you get what you deserve over the 90 minutes and they way we started we deserved nothing. You don't wait until the second-half to start playing.

Our squad is too light, we need to invest. But as usual we won't.
    Don't think we'll get Top 4 now if Spurs get anything today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

It's sad that it takes us to be two goals down for us to start playing. I hate to say it but i don't think Giroud is able for the Premier League, hopefully that will change but we need a proper centre forward playing for us.

AdamD wrote: »
    Fairly shafted by decisions today, not impressed.
    I'd agree to some extent but we were awful first half, peno was a peno Schez gave the ref an easy call he was to messy in the tackle and Ramires rightly took advantage

• Advertisement

Gibbs was immense turning into a brilliant player

I had faith in Giroud and do still think hes a decent player but hes not good enough to be starting most games as our CF over the last few games hes missed way to many good chances that could have made the difference. For me we need to go out and sign a top striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd agree to some extent but we were awful first half, peno was a peno Schez gave the ref an easy call he was to messy in the tackle and Ramires rightly took advantage

It was a dive, never a pen.

I've been one of his biggest fans. But Ollie was poor today.

Well you get what you deserve over the 90 minutes and they way we started we deserved nothing. You don't wait until the second-half to start playing.

Our squad is too light, we need to invest. But as usual we won't.
    Don't think we'll get Top 4 now if Spurs get anything today.
    I agree, Arshavin coming on from the wilderness away to Chelsea tells a story would like to think it forces Wengers hand in the market but it wont

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement