Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13 MOD POST #232

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Gibbs was immense turning into a brilliant player
    Going forward yes, defending needs more work or the formation changed with. LM in front

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Soups123 wrote: »
    Going forward yes, defending needs more work or the formation changed with. LM in front

Honestly don't agree defending and going forward he was brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

The left hand side of defence i thought was immense today. Gibbs was great going forward in the second half, but i thought that without Vermaelan out there today we would have lost 4 or 5 nil. Thought he was worthy of his captains armband out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Wallcott was greedy as you get today as well. Silly shots from bad angles. He took his goal great but fluffed three decent opportunities in the first half by being off side and in the second half taking shots with no chance of scoring really. It was poor.

Gibbs was brilliant second half.

I think with coqs going off we lost some of our drive and the game went from us a little.

Honestly don't agree defending and going forward he was brilliant
    He seems to get caught out positionally too frequently , my comments are general shout for MOTM today thought he was great

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Giroud was very poor today. With a better striker we could have won, even though we deserved nothing after the first half.

AdamD wrote: »

It was a dive, never a pen.
    It was a dive but Chez made it too easy for him, could easily see why the ref gave it

Serious battle for 4th I still reckon if we don't strengthen we won't get it

I would go as far as to say if spuds win today were fooked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Serious battle for 4th I still reckon if we don't strengthen we won't get it

If we don't strengthen we have no chance imo. We need a striker and a strong DM.
    While i do think Le Coq will be a good player for us, i feel it won't be until next season. Needs more games to learn, but he does look very promising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I would go as far as to say if spuds win today were fooked

I think the game against Spurs in march could be the decider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Giroud was poor today but it was due to Chelsea playing a high line and he doesnt have the pace Walcott does. Looks a little bit isolated too, we needed someone to play in a more advanced central role. All 3 central players played far too deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Our only saving grace is United's annual win at the Lane is today. We'd be very far behind but for that.

Infuriating stuff again. Wenger can walk out and give the exact same press conference as last week, "we started to timidly, lacked authority blah blah f*cking blah". Its beyond ridiculous at this stage. Same players will line out Wednesday though. We have NOTHING else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Is it just me or does anyone think were getting worse as a team?

No quality on the bench either when we needed it. Yet our squad is "super quality".

Arshavin looks finished, as for Diaby. Another pity project going wrong. A ruthless manager would have shipped them out long ago.

Sergio wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone think were getting worse as a team?

I think we are. I have no idea why the manager continues to ignore lads like Gnabry, Frimpong and Eisfield as substitutions. Players like these and Miyachi/Afobe are far more likely to make an impact than rubbish like Arshavin coming on.

It used to be we lost games when we deserved to win. That hasnt happened to us in a long time and it says something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

DB10 wrote: »
    No quality on the bench either when we needed it. Yet our squad is "super quality".

Arshavin looks finished, as for Diaby. Another pity project going wrong. A ruthless manager would have shipped them out long ago.

wheeling out arshavin - a player who by all accounts is finished at arsenal football club for the final 15 minutes of a big game today tells you everything you need to know about arsenal football club these days in my opinion.

were just getting worse - little by little year by year. its a slow gradual thing but it was always on the cards when we started selling our best players to make a bit of profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

DB10 wrote: »
    I think we are. I have no idea why the manager continues to ignore lads like Gnabry, Frimpong and Eisfield as substitutions. Players like these and Miyachi/Afobe are far more likely to make an impact than rubbish like Arshavin coming on.

It used to be we lost games when we deserved to win. That hasnt happened to us in a long time and it says something.

It's inevitable when, season after season, we sell our best players and replace them with inferior versions. We need to start spending more than we receive in player sales for a while to reverse the decline.

Look at united bench compared to ours shocking

• Advertisement

1 point from 9 so far in January. But at least we have 2 players for each position.

keano_afc wrote: »
    1 point from 9 so far in January. But at least we have 2 players for each position.
    This alone you think will push the board or Wenger to get out and spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Same position as we were in this time yesterday in regards fourth. spurs play United, aka the fixture they roll over and die in. The only difference now is third has gone from unlikely to very unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

and people wonder why RVP wanted out.
    How can Wenger be so blind to problems that are so obvious? Where did Arshavin come from today? Its the inconsistancies that baffle me, at least they took Theo off corners, we looked a little more of a threat when that happened. Jenks deserves a shot at the starting 11 also

I actually think Spurs will win here. And Liverpool with Sturridge look alot better :(

Soups123 wrote: »
    This alone you think will push the board or Wenger to get out and spend

i dont think silent stan gives a crap about on field affairs as long as his investment gives him a profit. if we do finish outside the top 4 it wouldnt surprise me if we sold a couple of players to make up the loss of revenue and then promoted from within. i think if you look at any of his other teams youll see none of them are major players in their respective sports - in fact theyre fairly sh!te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

depressed today. there ya go Rvp just scoring again. we're a second tier club. What a player Rvp is. what a sh1thead silent stan is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

bad2dabone wrote: »
    depressed today. there ya go Rvp just scoring again. we're a second tier club. What a player Rvp is. what a sh1thead silent stan is.
    Get usmanov in ill sell my soul for success !!! It looks like fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Stan out, Usmanov in? :D

If only...

that goal is depressing though even it helps is. we replaced a world class player with that big lump giroud. no pace or power like chamakh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If RVP had got those Giroud chances we'd have won today.
    The way our club is being ran is really depressing.

• Advertisement

I think we are fooked to be honest. 4th place will be a tough ask. I have serious questions over the way the club is being run as a whole and some how i dont think AW will be at the emirates next season!

Football Reasons scores for United. Spurs going to form in this one anyway.

If RVP had got those Giroud chances we'd have won today.
    The way our club is being ran is really depressing.

Rvp is one of the top 5 strikers in the world. If we had RvP we'd be challenging this year - as mad as that sounds just look at how he's carrying utd (probably to the title) this year.

I like Giroud, but hes not even close to rvp's level -then again most forwards aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

We really need to give Podolski a chance up top or buy a top top striker, looking at Ba its amazing we didnt even try lure him in. A proper powerhouse midfielder and a top striker is despperately needed fcuk the the bank accounts just spend some money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Wenger:
    "There’s a great spirit in the team. There’s great quality in the team. The team has to believe more in our quality."

Is he watching the same team?

if we had the same level of performance in the 2nd half as the first we would have won today that's what wenger needs to address straight away.

And spend some ****ing money. Leaving it in the bank account means it'll just go to silent stan.

iMuse wrote: »
    Wenger:

Wenger is a troll. Its the same crap every week in interviews. Surprised he didn't say Diaby playing 75 was a huge plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Fair play to Theo on a well taken goal. Just weren't good enough in the end. Decent effort in the second half though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

A decent ref and we might have win today. I think people are getting hysterical over a result that we were robbed in. We looked a much better team than Chelsea the second half despite having no decent sub's to bring on.

Bitching and moaning here isn't going to change things art the club so we can back what's there out settle for being unhappy when days like today happen. After the second half display I'm trying to see the positives in the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

fed up of arsenal. they do my head in.

shall we all support Barca? less stress and we can all lead peaceful life :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wonga77 wrote: »
    and people wonder why RVP wanted out.
    How can Wenger be so blind to problems that are so obvious? Where did Arshavin come from today? Its the inconsistancies that baffle me, at least they took Theo off corners, we looked a little more of a threat when that happened. Jenks deserves a shot at the starting 11 also

rvp is one of those "bah bah bah i won nothingf or arsenal so time to jump ship" instead of saying "ahhh ****sakes we lost again because of my stupididy as i was crap in game xyz, need to put this right next game and help the others step up too"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

iMuse wrote: »
    Wenger:

Are you ? There were bucket-loads of spirit in the 2nd half. Just a shame there was none in the first half/

fed up of arsenal. they do my head in.

shall we all support Barca? less stress and we can all lead peaceful life :)

it's like being married to an abusive spouse.

They hurt me but i love them so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

greendom wrote: »
    Are you ? There were bucket-loads of spirit in the 2nd half. Just a shame there was none in the first half/

How many times have we seen that happen though? It's all gotten a little tiring.

Shouldn't take a sh*t first half performance to light a fire under the teams ass. They should be driving from the start to enforce themselves on the match.

Quazzie wrote: »
    A decent ref and we might have win today. I think people are getting hysterical over a result that we were robbed in. We looked a much better team than Chelsea the second half despite having no decent sub's to bring on.

Bitching and moaning here isn't going to change things art the club so we can back what's there out settle for being unhappy when days like today happen. After the second half display I'm trying to see the positives in the situation.

There are no positives to be taken from today. ZERO points and thats the bottom line. In the last 2 PL games we played Mancity and Chelsea and who are the top teams in league and we managed to get no points. We got beaten by chelsea at home before xmas and we managed to get a point at the Ethihad stadium.These results are not good enough and we need to be doing well against all of the top 4 sides to have an chance of competing for the league.
    We as a club are in rapid decline the last few years and anyone who thinks different is in serious denial!

greendom wrote: »

The biggest problem this Arsenal side have is that games last 90 minutes. Why can't we play the second half first, and kick off every game 2 down?

rvp is one of those "bah bah bah i won nothingf or arsenal so time to jump ship" instead of saying "ahhh ****sakes we lost again because of my stupididy as i was crap in game xyz, need to put this right next game and help the others step up too"

didnt you post this last night too? i detest RVP but the man scored 59 goals or thereabouts in his last two seasons. we had problems at the club but he wasnt one of them. he couldnt have done much more

Draw not too bad here
    Fourth is gonna take some battle I really hope were up for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Fergie time lol. Happy with that really.

• Advertisement

As sad as it is, I think it's time to lower expectations with this team. We aren't on the same level as Chelsea, City or United. We never sold RVP to a rival.

Sad day today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement