Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13 MOD POST #232

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

As sad as it is, I think it's time to lower expectations with this team. We aren't on the same level as Chelsea, City or United. We never sold RVP to a rival.

Sad day today.

Think most of our expectations are lowered were hoping to be best of the rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Quazzie wrote: »
    A decent ref and we might have win today. I think people are getting hysterical over a result that we were robbed in. We looked a much better team than Chelsea the second half despite having no decent sub's to bring on.

Bitching and moaning here isn't going to change things art the club so we can back what's there out settle for being unhappy when days like today happen. After the second half display I'm trying to see the positives in the situation.

We had a good enough second-half against City too but we didn't get any points, just like today. The table doesn't lie.
    Both City and Chelsea could have been out of sight at half-time to be honest.
    People are entitled to complain about that. There are two halves to any game and performing in one of them won't win you anything.

We got few refereeing decisions today but we never do get them.

HazDanz wrote: »
    How many times have we seen that happen though? It's all gotten a little tiring.

Shouldn't take a sh*t first half performance to light a fire under the teams ass. They should be driving from the start to enforce themselves on the match.

I posted something similar before the game. We needed to focus and attack from the start and stop being reactionary as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

AS much as I hate to admit it because hes a useless pundit Jamie Redknapp just talked the truth about Arsenal.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Coward might be the right word, but he doesn't give it all for the club like he used, so maybe uncommitted is a better word, and one you might agree with more, and I think although we might phrase it differently the fact he doesn't apply himself to the task anymore is evident for all to see.

I honestly put it down to him just not being the same player as he was. 2 broken legs plus a host of other injuries catches up with you at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

AS much as I hate to admit it because hes a useless pundit Jamie Redknapp just talked the truth about Arsenal.

damn i missed it. what did he say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Bring on the Europa League next season. We're going to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

sonic85 wrote: »
    damn i missed it. what did he say

Ah he was just talking about how were falling further and further behind, how Van Persie would have buried that chance Giroud missed, how were lacking in quality and that Arsenal fans must be screaming for some quality signings.

DenMan wrote: »

If we can actually qualify for it.

DenMan wrote: »

The winners of the Champions League get to defend it, so if Spurs finish 4th we can stop them from qualifying once again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

The winners of the Champions League get to defend it, so if Spurs finish 4th we can stop them from qualifying once again.

we won't even get past bayern on current form lol :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

darego wrote: »
    we won't even get past bayern on current form lol :pac: :pac:

While I agree, wasnt the same said for every round in 2006? A bit of luck in the final and we'd have won the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

lol would not surprise me one bit if that happened again.
    1. remember the food poisoning incident they had that cost them 4th spot?
    2. remember last season chelsea won the CL against all the odds?
    3. Remember this season when Arsenal fluked their way to CL success and finished 6th in th e league?
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

While we could have done better at points today, the only reason we were in the game at all is through Chelsea's fragility at home and a weird persistence in playing Torres.

Chelsea let us into that and we should have done better but Chelsea are a far superior team to us. They got hazard, we got gervinho!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gosplan wrote: »
    While we could have done better at points today, the only reason we were in the game at all is through Chelsea's fragility at home and a weird persistence in playing Torres.

Chelsea let us into that and we should have done better but Chelsea are a far superior team to us. They got hazard, we got gervinho!!

Gervinho is bad but you can hardly blame him for today :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ye were very impressive in that 2nd half today so I think Wenger might be onto something with regards belief. Giroud and Cazorla are new to the league and have had some good games. I think their quality will shine through next season if Giroud is made first choice for the rest of this one. You can't expect a player to start once or twice a month and be at optimum performance level. Walcott is doing a good job through the middle but that role is new to him too. I reckon there will be a few more moves in the Summer and if you are patient with Wenger you will reap the rewards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

No rumours of bids for both gotze and hummels can't see it happening myself I think a few arsenal fans are getting desperate

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

No rumours of bids for both gotze and hummels can't see it happening myself I think a few arsenal fans are getting desperate

:pac:

As a Dortmund supporter this is news to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Supporter ?? Thought you where a player ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Liam O wrote: »
    Ye were very impressive in that 2nd half today so I think Wenger might be onto something with regards belief. Giroud and Cazorla are new to the league and have had some good games. I think their quality will shine through next season if Giroud is made first choice for the rest of this one. You can't expect a player to start once or twice a month and be at optimum performance level. Walcott is doing a good job through the middle but that role is new to him too. I reckon there will be a few more moves in the Summer and if you are patient with Wenger you will reap the rewards.

Wenger's always said that players need 6 months to adjust to England. Hopefully we'll see Santi and Giroud push on as Mata has this year.

What i'd love is some fluidity with the formation though. The thing i have the most respect for Fergie for is that he can line up with pretty much any formation he chooses. I'd like to see us get a bit more direct with poorer teams and force the defenders into mistakes as opposed to the slow methodical build up every time.

Also taking corners by chipping the ball into the hands of the goalie when you're playing the best counterattacking team in the league isn't too great. We should not do that any more. :D

• Advertisement

Wenger's been snapped at Heathrow, apparently Germany bound....

greendom wrote: »
    Wenger's been snapped at Heathrow, apparently Germany bound....

We do play Bayern in a few weeks time. Could be as simple as first hand scouting.

Tim stillman had a go at arshavin in his match report for been fat

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    We do play Bayern in a few weeks time. Could be as simple as first hand scouting.

Apparently it's a fake - damn you twitter !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

The corners were probably the most depressing thing today. Everytime we had one it turned into a goal scoring opportunity for Chelsea. I would much prefer us to just pass the ball back to Szczesny from a corner than just give it away like we did today. At least if we just passed it back, we would retain possession.

I'm heading to the Liverpool match if I don't see a big fcuker in the middle of the field kicking someone I won't be happy esp after paying 115 euro for a ticket :)

I'm heading to the Liverpool match if I don't see a big fcuker in the middle of the field kicking someone I won't be happy esp after paying 115 euro for a ticket :)

For €115 you should be allowed onto the pitch to do some kicking of your own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Mbiwa to have medical at Newcastle tomorrow. Thats him gone it looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Crazy how both M'Vila and Yanga-Mbwia are both going for fairly cheap yet we seemingly aren't even interested, when if we were we'd be favourites to sign them both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Think Wenger is a bit dubious to sign either as they might actually improve our squad.

Wenger should have the team on the training ground tomorrow morning addressing the placed ball issue. I have been saying this for some time now and how the manager cannot see the obvious is baffling.
    It is embarrassing at this stage.

Wenger should have the team on the training ground tomorrow morning addressing the placed ball issue. I have been saying this for some time now and how the manager cannot see the obvious is baffling.
    It is embarrassing at this stage.

I think we all would but Wenger doesnt seem all that interested in set pieces. I'd be shocked if we even practice penalties. Personally, I think we should play it short every now and then for someone to cross in. A lot of players are better at crossing when the ball is moving as apposed to stationary.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think we all would but Wenger doesnt seem all that interested in set pieces. I'd be shocked if we even practice penalties. Personally, I think we should play it short every now and then for someone to cross in. A lot of players are better at crossing when the ball is moving as apposed to stationary.

Some great corners on MOTD and they are a great weapon if rehearsed and worked properly. Why would any manager not be interested in set pieces, that's amazing if true. Has he said that?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

They highlighted the lack of closing down today, and how Wilshere was the only one and soon got annoyed with the lack of help. Something must be done before we let Wilshere slip through the clubs grasp. Really feel sorry for him playing under Wenger and with some of the other dross who cant be bothered to even run and close down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wenger: "We didn't make enough of our corners, enough of our free kicks, enough of our chances."

I think he knows in fairness.

• Advertisement

I think he knows in fairness.

He should have been saying that for months and actually dealing with the issue. It's not a new problem.

DB10 wrote: »
    They highlighted the lack of closing down today, and how Wilshere was the only one and soon got annoyed with the lack of help. Something must be done before we let Wilshere slip through the clubs grasp. Really feel sorry for him playing under Wenger and with some of the other dross who cant be bothered to even run and close down.

You feel sorry for jack for playing under our greatest ever manager????

Some great corners on MOTD and they are a great weapon if rehearsed and worked properly. Why would any manager not be interested in set pieces, that's amazing if true. Has he said that?

Dont think so but as you said, its been happening for years and nothing has changed. Wenger is far too smart to not have noticed it but yet has done nothing so to me it seems like he simply has no interest in that aspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That would be hilarious if that happened two years running for Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

monkey9 wrote: »

That would be hilarious if that happened two years running for Spurs.
    Cant see it happening tho as I reckon Spurs will finish 3rd quite easily this season, best we can hope for is 5th with this current team. Its sad to say but I think Spurs will be title contenders next season if they add to there squad in the summer which I think they will.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Really is hard to be optimistic after today. Really can't see Spurs collapsing like they did last year.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Its sad to say but I think Spurs will be title contenders next season if they add to there squad in the summer which I think they will.

Ahahahahahahahaha! No f*cking chance. Liverpool have a better shot :pac:
    The Mancs (between City and Utd) have it sown up until Fergie retires. Then City until something drastic happens.

Financial fair play is a load of boll*x, and it won't matter a thing to the money-top clubs.

Ahahahahahahahaha! No f*cking chance. Liverpool have a better shot :pac:
    The Mancs (between City and Utd) have it sown up until Fergie retires. Then City until something drastic happens.

Financial fair play is a load of boll*x, and it won't matter a thing to the money-top clubs.

This. Chelsea are the only team with a chance of breaking the top two any time soon and even they need a fair bit of work. With a few players we could push but probably not break in.

I'm still confidant of getting fourth as we're a better team than spurs, Liverpool, Everton and whoever else you wish to include.

I dont know how we can say were a better side than Spurs at the minute because were not, the league table doesnt lie lads and as much as it pains me to say it they are the better team now with better players in there team. Missing the mercenary Adebayor, Vertongen and Sandro today and they still battered Utd off the park I cant remember the last time we did that can yous?? Ill be absolutely amazed if were playing Champions Lge football next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I dont know how we can say were a better side than Spurs at the minute because were not, the league table doesnt lie lads and as much as it pains me to say it they are the better team now with better players in there team. Missing the mercenary Adebayor, Vertongen and Sandro today and they still battered Utd off the park I cant remember the last time we did that can yous?? Ill be absolutely amazed if were playing Champions Lge football next season.

Fortunately the season is 38 games long, not 23. They were 12 points up on us last season. Talk of them title challenging next season? Not a chance.

You're right, but you also don't know the score of a match by it's first half.

Spurs will f*ck up.

Somehow.

Fortunately the season is 38 games long, not 23. They were 12 points up on us last season. Talk of them title challenging next season? Not a chance.
    There in a better position to be challenging for the title next season than us in my opinion. Were a team that suffers from footballing bipolar, great one minute and just lowest of the low the next. I mean watching the first half of that match today I am pretty sure a championship side would of looked better than us, especially defensively.

Yeah somehow they will fcuk up, I hope so myself, but ask yourself is that good enough for Arsenal FC?? Hoping other teams implode to make the top 4. It all seems rather to frequent and familiar to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Arsenal probably(although debabtle aswell) have a better first 11 but Spurs have a better squad,and on current form, manager tbh. I think Spurs under Harry and AVB are very different. Spurs under Harry today as manager would have collapsed when they went 1-0 and probably lost 3-0. Different beast under AVB now unfortunately. Harry spending the the last half of the season whoring himself for the England job certainly didn't help either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

We won't even finish ahead of Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Spurs have taken 4 points off United and really should have beaten them again yesterday. We cant even kick off a match looking like we want to win it. There's no doubt they're a beter side than us at the moment as they are motivated. We are not.

Relying on them to collapse again and other teams to do us favours against them as early as January shows how pathetic we are at the moment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement