Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13 MOD POST #232

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

if Giroud starts strongly he could be very good - not Van Persie good - but someone to be excited about, he's big and strong and intelligent, decent left foot and can score. I have high hopes for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

gosplan wrote: »
    We really don't need another cf though. We're not going to play 442 because we don't have the midfielders for it and we've now got two good options for the single cf spot.

Yeh sorry was thinking a holding midfielder and an attacking player preferably a versatile one, havent gathered my thoughts fully yet still trying to let it all soak in :(:o
    dvemail wrote: »
    Hope Walcott doesn't decide to leave now after all of this. Losing him would be another massive loss,
    especially going from what ive seen from him pre-season. Has come a long way in the last few years.
    Would hate to see him play his best years at another club.

Yeh that be my biggest fear now Walcott fcuking off and Song aswell in the next week and knowing Arsenal it could certainly happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Had this had played out in reverse I think most wud have considered it good business and improvement in the squad.

RVP gets sold, we are all fuming.
    Cazorla is bought, delighted but need a striker.
    Giroud & Podolski signed happy days .

Selling to United is all that sickens me, $24m for a 29 yr old with dodgy injury history and 11mths to expire its good business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Who's next? Song? So the papers say. I dont think he'll sign anyone else

After that? Walcott to go - I'll bet to City or Chelsea

In the future? Wilshere and Vermaelen will probably tire of finishing 3rd/4th and move on

Let's hear what Gazidis and co have to say. Earlier I felt a sort of numbing bemusement about this. That has now evolved into anger. The decline continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Nor do I want to see us as a feeder club and that's the reputation we are getting now. It's becoming a laughing stock with our rivals in fairness if you read some of the blogs.

i wouldn't pay much attention to what some blog is saying, no different to someone on here except they've got a wordpress website making it look more fancy, like their opinion matters more or is more knowledgeable , pretend their in the know etc.

fans of other clubs are going to slag anything off they can, be it chelsea/city being toys of the rich, arsenal selling players, l'pool overpaying etc. etc. etc.

he had one year left, wanted to go - what else could be done? keep him & piss away 15-22mil?

fabregas was a different situation, somewhat exceptional but more should have been done to keep him.

nasri, rvp both had 1 year left on their contracts, no interest in resigning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

bad2dabone wrote: »
    if Giroud starts strongly he could be very good - not Van Persie good - but someone to be excited about, he's big and strong and intelligent, decent left foot and can score. I have high hopes for him.

As long as we are banging in goals I do not care where the goals come from. We have more people on the team sheet this year who know how to shoot than last year in pod and Giroud where's really we only had RvP last year so thats a positive. I would like another decent striker to come in however it is a long season and I don't trust Chamakh to deliver for us as a second/third choice striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

For a guy who claimed to love arsenal he showed his true colour. A guy who loves arsenal doesnt go to Manchester united... Disgusted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Sergio wrote: »
    Lads who do we think will be our new captain for the coming season. If Thomas Vermaelen can keep fit then i think he fits the bill,what you guys think?
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Sergio wrote: »
    Lads who do we think will be our new captain for the coming season. If Thomas Vermaelen can keep fit then i think he fits the bill,what you guys think?

Sagna would be my choice but it'll likely be Vermaelen alright.

I would probably go with Sagna as well or else Koscielny since he just signed a long term deal.

Edit: Actually just saw that van Persie has to do a medical before he signs. That should be good for a laugh. He could end up playing for the reserves yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

vermaelen will be captain definitely

arteta vice i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Don't think i have mentioned this on the thread yet but I hope we sign mvila :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

batistuta9 wrote: »
    in fairness you'd hardly want the club to end up like leeds or portsmouth

I was just going to reference that. +1 for it.

Portsmouth got some terrible news today and are pretty much buggered. We lost RVP and we'll get over that in time. Hard to think a team that held its own in the premier league has now fallen by the wayside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Sae this on Twitter, made me laugh.

A fire has broken out in Robin van Persie's North London penthouse. Police suspect Arsene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Going to Utd of all clubs! It just sickens me, what a traitor!!! Really cant believe this :(

I can see Walcott being moved more central now and playing as the main striker with Podolski and Gerv on the wings. Keep the heads up lads im sure the gaffer knows what hes doing, IN ARSENE WE TRUST!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

arteta vice i'd say

No doubt it will be Vermaelen but for some odd reason I would prefer Arteta.

I know he is new in the club but considering that he will probably end his career at Arsenal plus he seems quite passionate about the club which means we won't end up loosing another "captain" soon- I think he might be good choice.

Caaazzzooorrrlllaa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I'd love for Sagna to get captaincy, but probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QwHI_QGszI

feel sick. what an ungrateful ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    For a guy who claimed to love arsenal he showed his true colour. A guy who loves arsenal doesnt go to Manchester united... Disgusted

To be frank, I am just glad he is gone! I prefer that over the uncertainty and the charade of a season we had earlier last year with the Nasri debacle. Now we can focus on the players we have and see if Arsene can harness those potentials- somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

A bit of perspective lads.The fella backed himself into a corner signing off on that stupid statement a few weeks ago.In the end nobody but United showed an interest.His option was to stay here as a pariah or go to the only mug willing to spunk sixty million on a crock and hope to create the reputation of a legend.Like Michael Owen.

F*ck that guy.He'll get what's coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

Can't pretend I'm not sickened to the pit of my stomach by this betrayal. However we need to look on the brightside. If you watched Giroud, Pod and Cazorla last sunday against cologne, you already know we'll be ok. They are the real deal. I'd love to add Llorente.

'That man' (I will never say his name again) could have been a legend like Bergkamp, he could have had a statue like TH14 (BTW TH14 would never have signed for united, and he was approached and told them he wouldnt play for them). Instead he'll finish his career being a minor figure at united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

As the token Arsenal fan of my neighborhood for the past quarter of a century, everybody is asking me what do I think about the Robin van Persie transfer.
    Soon the Man United fans will know that horrible clammed up feeling of dread I used to get every time RvP got an international call up or fell over and didn't get up within 5 seconds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Cazorla scored for Spain tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its only a good deal if the money is reinvested. We need to strengthen.

As for the United fan who said he moved for ambition, dont make me laugh. He had backed himself into a corner with that ridiculous statement and United were the only team willing to pay him what he wanted. This move is about money, and you're kidding yourself if you believe anything else.

The problem is our wage structure. Football is about money these days, the highest bidder wins the day. Adebayor, Nasri, and now van Persie, all left for money. Our wage structure is holding us back. I cant see any change in the near future.

We'll survive though. Bigger and better players have left the club. We're better off without him in the long run.

A bit of perspective lads.The fella backed himself into a corner signing off on that stupid statement a few weeks ago.

Or he could have just signed a new deal and said that the signings AW has made have convinced him the club is worth figthing for and in the end he would never play for another club, yada...yada.. and the fans would be singing his song again. Just like Rooney was forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Saying RVP is leaving for money is pretty unfair. If he was, he'd be playing at City or Chelsea. He wants a PL medal and probably feels that United offer the best chance of this combined with weely starts.

Chelsea or City didnt bid for him.

• Advertisement

Modern day football for you. Nuture a player for 8 years who had a reputation of being a toe rag and a troublemaker. Before he can maintain any type of form he gets injured and takes ages to recover fully to gain any type of form. then he comes back, grabs the few goals, and then at the end of the year he says "I'm off" leaves to join your arch rivals.

The Arsenal board are as much to blame. £££££££££ is the height of their ambitions. All the praise they get for doing things the right way is bullsh*t. They are an extremely greedy board and none of the money recuperated will be reinvested in AFC. Im only surprised they dont ring Ferguson now and ask him does he want Song for an extra 2 bob to help RVP with assists. I mean sell RVP if you have to but ffs not to a rival in the premier league. Dopes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Is that the last player we had that has won a trophy with us? God our squad has changed so much over the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

arteta vice i'd say

vermaelen off to united next season then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Gremlin wrote: »
    A bit of perspective lads.The fella backed himself into a corner signing off on that stupid statement a few weeks ago.

Or he could have just signed a new deal and said that the signings AW has made have convinced him the club is worth figthing for and in the end he would never play for another club, yada...yada.. and the fans would be singing his song again. Just like Rooney was forgiven.
    But nobody else WANTED him.He has to carry that to Uniteds bench till he is finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

farna_boy wrote: »
    Actually just saw that van Persie has to do a medical before he signs. That should be good for a laugh. He could end up playing for the reserves yet!

This is the club where Hargreaves, Owen and Saha passed a medical :eek:
    No chance he'll fail...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

I keep hope he wont sign for them, they have only agreed a deal, van persie had signed nothing yet!! I know I'm dreaming like

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

At least now when Utd fans say they have the best striker in the premiership it might mean something.

Juve wouldn't up there bid for rvp but spend 35m on loriente that tells its own story

Or maybe not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can't wait to hear his statement on the move to Utd. I can envisage what he'll say

"It is my ambition to win trophies and I feel that Man Utd offer me the best chance of doing so. I have always dreamed of playing for them and now my dream has come true"

Cnut.

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    I keep hope he wont sign for them, they have only agreed a deal, van persie had signed nothing yet!! I know I'm dreaming like

Yes your dreaming, but wouldnt it be hilarious if that happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Is that the last player we had that has won a trophy with us? God our squad has changed so much over the past few years.

I believe so. They said that during the Koln match but commentators are known to get things wrong every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Disgraceful stuff from RVP. He was a player I had a lot of respect for but joining United? Must be hard to take for you guys. Lost all respect for him.

I hope it goes the way of Torres as Chelsea.

Gremlin wrote: »
    Yes your dreaming, but wouldnt it be hilarious if that happened.

Fergie would sulk like a big baby like he usually does when he doesnt get his own way. He'd go on a rampage looking for a microphone to go on a rant. I can remember he even went off on one the time Ramsey joined us though for the love of me i cant find the article anywhere.

WOW rvp was willing to stay but wenger told him before the colonge game he was been sold

Hon wenger

bbc.in/TFc3yz

There it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

WOW rvp was willing to stay but wenger told him before the colonge game he was been sold

Hon wenger

Ive read that on the BBC website dont buy it for a second, say its RVP's publicist, agent etc trying to spin it, oh hes not a bad guy its the club, its Wenger bull**** he still loved the club he wanted to stay with the new signings bull**** after the statement he released wed be fools to buy into any of that crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Hon wenger

after his statement, would you take his word that he would be willing to stay on?

Id have snapped at 24m. much Wenger did in the end.

I didn't even want that traitor on the pitch in cologne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Ive read that on the BBC website dont buy it for a second, say its RVP's publicist, agent etc trying to spin it, oh hes not a bad guy its the club, its Wenger bull**** he still loved the club he wanted to stay with the new signings bull**** after the statement he released wed be fools to buy into any of that crap.

I can't believe Wenger let him leave!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Maybe, Wenger was pissed with RVPs gratitude and loyalty and seeing we had a good offer and plenty in reserve decided to say, do you know what, fuk off you ungrateful fuker.

Hon wenger

Maybe wenger has enough after the statement and decided your gone maybe songs attitude was horrible and decided your gone
    Maybe after been shat on last year our manager is after growing a pair
    You never no

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Better getting 24 million for him now instead of letting leave for nothing next year.Another player who thinks he is bigger than the club just remember the grass is not always greener on the other side so i hope he fails from a pool fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Maybe wenger has enough after the statement and decided your gone maybe songs attitude was horrible and decided your gone
    Maybe after been shat on last year our manager is after growing a pair
    You never no

Would be a very delayed reaction after all those who left before. I think the Board and Wenger are just recouping some of the money they spent earlier in the summer. They had planned for him leaving and bought so they decided to sell regardless to recoup the money. We worry about money a lot at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Of course you all know that there is only one person we can blame for all of this...

jank wrote: »
    How long will we keep the positive vibes in this thread?

I bet Danny Welbeck feels like a right twit now. All dressed up with a new contract......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement